NQR--it's Dory's fault!!

Here we are in the left upper corner of the US. Temperate weather--mild winters and moderate temps in the summer. Then Dory moves up here and we get a blizzard! Eight inches of snow over two days and 14 inches predicted for tonight into tomorrow. And Sequim--where Dory now resides and what is called Washington's "banana belt" because it seldom rains there and never snows there--got 4 inches last night! That made the front page of the paper!

Welcome to Washington Dory and Dennis! We know you didn't bring the snow--and at least you know how to drive in it, unlike the majority of the population here!:P:P:P

Hope to see you soon!

Again, as Joyce said, here's Missouri. Crazy weather. Went 100 miles sourh of us yesterday to Kansas City. Had 60 degree weather. Today, here at home it's 20! A real roller coaster ride, weatherwise. Got about an inch of snow/sleet last night.

Sylvia, we heat our home with LP and it is costly. Then in the summer it gets really hot here too with lots of humidity....so from (usually)May to (usually) October we run the air and then it's furnace time. Can't stand the heat...can't stand the cold and yet we live here. What to do..what to do!

Originally posted by Phyllis

Again, as Joyce said, here's Missouri. Crazy weather. Went 100 miles sourh of us yesterday to Kansas City. Had 60 degree weather. Today, here at home it's 20! A real roller coaster ride, weatherwise. Got about an inch of snow/sleet last night.

Sylvia, we heat our home with LP and it is costly. Then in the summer it gets really hot here too with lots of humidity....so from (usually)May to (usually) October we run the air and then it's furnace time. Can't stand the heat...can't stand the cold and yet we live here. What to do..what to do!

Same for us here in Iowa...........Very pleasant yesterday - light jacket weather. During the night, the wind started howling and then snow. Not much accumulation, but it blew most of the night and up until about an hour ago. Now the sun is shining again, but still a cold 19º with windchill.

We use Propane too........I think we had about 6 weeks without using the AC or the furnace, otherwise one or the other is on. I can't take the heat and humidity either. I can always put on more clothes, but can only take off so much ! :P

Okay ladies...I am NOT taking the blame for Heidi's weather. No way is that one my fault; I've never even been to New York!!:P:D!

However, my lovely husband (also a Dennis like Linda's) was always fond of saying how the sunshine followed "him" up here. Many times we'd come on vacation and the sun would be out for days on end. This morning he admitted that the Sierra snow must have followed him too. Please note: it followed HIM...it did not follow me;):P:D

Our house is at about 1200 feet; I think Sequim is just above sea level. Yesterday we went to town in the afternoon and there were cars off in the ditch all over our only road down the mountain. Linda's so right...people just have no clue how to drive in icy conditions. Today, we're staying put and tomorrow we are most definitely NOT leaving home. The club I work out at in the mornings even called to say they wouldn't be open tomorrow.

Oh, well...at least its pretty!!!

post--13461907982351_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by DoryJM

Okay ladies...I am NOT taking the blame for Heidi's weather. No way is that one my fault; I've never even been to New York!!:P:D!

Well it is about time you come for a visit! We got 1 1/2" of snow last night but that is ok. Today it rained but none of the ice we were supposed to get. I know it is coming, just not sure when. Maybe March, April and May will be snowy this year. I'm ok with what we've had though ;). After Christmas I'm ready for Spring!

It would be a perfect day to quilt; however, as you can see, my studio is not quite done yet. It does have a ceiling now though, so we're getting there. That will be my view out my full light door and one window when its done.

Aren't the three stooges cute!! They do good work too!!:P

post--13461907983672_thumb.jpg

However, my lovely husband (also a Dennis like Linda's) was always fond of saying how the sunshine followed "him" up here. Many times we'd come on vacation and the sun would be out for days on end. This morning he admitted that the Sierra snow must have followed him too. Please note: it followed HIM...it did not follow me.

Oh, well...at least its pretty!!!

That is a pretty picture. Dennis can't blame the snow on the Sierras, there is no snow there. The resorts have been busy making snow. They are due to get some later this week which is probably coming down from the Pacific NW, so Dennis is clearly sending it down to the south. He is in trouble whichever way he turns!

OK, you can't complain about snow! It's the middle of January!! Supposed to be our winter, and instead we get 55 mile an hour winds that howl all day long, (which is our usual March weather unfortunately), and ends up blowing my hanging porch light off the porch, because my husband didn't think to pull it up like he normally would do in March. It hits the wall on it's way off the porch, and somehow blows the electricity out in the front half of the first floor of my house. I just started working nights, so that was a great thing to wake up to:mad::mad: I try to be nice about it, cause it's not his fault the weather is doing really weird stuff this year, but I'm a little cranky trying to get used to the new schedule, and 24 hrs later, we still don't have lights in the front half of the house cause he can't figure out what caused them to go out in the first place. He's definitely not mechanically minded:D:D

So, Dory, Can I blame it on you?:D:D Love your pictures by the way. That's the kind of weather we should be having.

The snow here is Sequim is very pretty, kind of a lot but still pretty. Don't think anyone is going too far today. The 2" of rain predicted is scary since we live on the Dungeness River.

Dory are you on Bell Hill or River Road? We live near the Carlsborg area if you know where that is. We are soon off again to warmer climates for awhile but when we get back maybe we can get together and talk about longarm quilting.

I own a Millie and love it. Your studio looks great, we are going to build mine soon--still quilting in the garage when it is warm enough (pretty much just the summer months). So I am looking forward to a studio--thinking 20'by20'. I have enjoyed looking at your progress.

Carola

Originally posted by Carola

The snow here is Sequim is very pretty, kind of a lot but still pretty. Don't think anyone is going too far today. The 2" of rain predicted is scary since we live on the Dungeness River.

Dory are you on Bell Hill or River Road? We live near the Carlsborg area if you know where that is. We are soon off again to warmer climates for awhile but when we get back maybe we can get together and talk about longarm quilting.

I own a Millie and love it. Your studio looks great, we are going to build mine soon--still quilting in the garage when it is warm enough (pretty much just the summer months). So I am looking forward to a studio--thinking 20'by20'. I have enjoyed looking at your progress.

Carola

Carola, please get in touch when you are back in town. I'd love to get together. We live up on Lost Mountain just before it gets to Texas Valley. I love it up here! We have about 10" of snow now. I don't really mind it, just want my studio done so I can quilt! If you build 20x20 you'll have to get a building permit, but if you build a bit smaller you don't...just something to think about.

Do you go to AZ for the winter?

Archived