1-yr warranty a problem?

Hi all,

In my research, I noticed that APQS only offers a one year warranty on their used machines. How often have people needed to use their warranties, and after how long? I am looking at a used Gammil (Vision 26"), and Gammill offers the remainder of the warranty on the machine (3 years). I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this. Not sure how I feel about it.

Thanks,

Mandy

When buying used from APQS, they have gone top to bottom through that machine so that its like getting a new machine. When buying from a private sale you do take your chances, as one never really knows the care that machine was given. My original machine was almost six years old and hundreds of quilts done before it was sent back for a new needle bar. My current machine boughten privately now in my house almost two years hasnt had a hiccup yet.

As long as you take care and oil and clean as recommended your machine will have years of life. These machines are sturdy and work horses.

Mandy, APQS has such GREAT service reps.

I had an Ultimate II that I bought used from them. Disclaimer I am a chicken and let them do the work on my machine....even though I know they can talk me through it.

I was hearing a wierd sound, and frustrated after a couple of years (had not practiced enough on it). I talked with Amy, she heard my frustration, thought that it would be best if she made a house call to see if it was USER or machine error.

Amy drove to my house (100 miles one way) on Easter Sunday, just so she could see what was going on. I had my tension set all out of wack, and my quilt sandwich way to tight USER ERROR. But while here she heard the sound that I was hearing off and on. It was my motor (over 10 yrs old at the time) she showed my husband how to change it out EASY, then drove back to the factory opened it up and sold me the new motor so I could quilt yet that evening. You can't get that kind of customer service anywhere!

Dawn is on the forum all the time, and offers help even at night after the showroom is closed.

Cheri is right if there are bugs they will show up before the year is up. I would not let that stop you from working with the best company out there!

Mandy

We have a 6 year old Green Millenium that has done about seven hundred quilts. I have changed out the wheels twice, about 10 thread guides, motor brushes and the rocker arm bushing. I think the wheels were about $250 per set and the rest of the parts about $60 total. The certified used machines are an excellent deal.

Mandy, I agree with everything stated here. I've had my machine for 5 years now and she runs like the day I got it.

Customer service is the key!!! APQS machines are totally "user" friendly and rarely need to go back to the factory. 99 percent of the machines only go to the factory when its "parents" want it to have a SPA treatment, LOL.

Most upgrades (if wanted) can be done by the owners. APQS techs will go out of their way to help you. Most of them expecially Dawn can listen to your machine over the phone and tell if there's something wrong. I do not know anything about Gammill's service so I can't comment. I would read their "warranty" to see "what's really covered". Most warrantys have limitations and do not cover items you think might be in it. BTW, APQS has some great used machines available now. If you buy a used machine from APQS (via dealer or customer service) the green machines have been taken apart, overhauled and sent with a warranty.:cool::cool::cool:

I wouldn't worry about the warranty. APQS stands behind their products! I have serviced a number of older machines. There hasn't been anything wrong with any of them! Usually, all it's been is a few adjustments!

Recently, I had a customer with an 8 year old machine who moved it from one location to another. Her movers lost a couple of things, didn't put it back together completely right, or adjust the frame so it was level. I got her all her missing parts for a grand total of $26, repacked her machine, (just because it was time), checked her brushes (still fine), adjusted her frame, put her laser back together correctly, and away she went! She was able to use her machine after the move, just called me because of her laser and her missing parts!

After working on the older machines, I'm really more impressed than I was just owning one and using it every day. They are great machines.

Archived