Lime Squeeze in process

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOVE IT!:D That is just wonderful! I must figure-out that basket weave and

do that on something - WOW! Once again you have inspired me! Thanks

for sharing - I am looking forward to the photo show as well!

Can I ask at what level you charge for quilting like this?

I know it is custom - but do you charge an hourly rate or by

the square yard or inch?

Sherry!

Ronda is going to love this, I also love that basket weave, feel free to do that on my round robin when it comes to you! :P

Have fun with it!!

Originally posted by SherryRogers

I LOVE the way this is turning out and just have to share! Only 1/2 way done at this point but I will show and tell when it's complete.

Thanks for looking girls!

Nadia, this was all freehand, no compuquilter...yet!

Judi, This one is free of charge...since I own it and get this..I PIECED IT TOO (shock of all shocks) ! However, if I was charging, I charge by the sq. inch. Based on the density of the quilting, this one would be 5-6cents per inch and then I add in thread use and batting.

Linda, You can bet I will be using the basket weave again! I saw this done on a quilt in Houston and just had to try it on my own quilt. I sent pictures to Ronda and Jill to see as well.

Germany's awake! LOL Good to hear from you gals! Thank you very much, so glad you like it.

Tina, what a treat to hear from you as well!

Sandra, I used one layor of Hobbs Poly Down. I prefer to use a poly or Poly blend as I like the stitch definition I get. My newest favorite is Quilters Dream Puff but I am out and need to order more!

Sherry:

THis is just too gorgeous for words!!! Talk about taking a well known pattern and then turning it into a masterpiece with the quilting!! WOW!

Question: I can't see what is behind the basket weave (which is so very cool!) -- is it micro stippling or a pattern?

thanks for sharing

Sara

Archived