Lime Squeeze in process

Quoted from Sherry above: Don't tuck those ideas to fat back in that pretty little head of yours, I expect to see something from you in a timely manner!

Sherry!!!!

Are you already tossing insults at me??? Really!!! Telling the whole world that I have a "FAT BACK" is completely out of line!!!! I haven't even had the chance to steal and use your quilting designs yet!!!!!:mad:

:P;)LOL!!! I am, of course, assuming this was a typo!!! LOL!!:P:P

We are still friends..... right????? (LAUGHING OUT LOUD TO MYSELF AND I"M SURE THE PEOPLE IN THE NEXT HOTEL ROOM WONDER WHAT IS GOING ON IN MY ROOM!!!!!) :cool::P:);)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sherry,

I opened this last last night and there were just a couple of posts, I come back this morning and the topic is on fire....

I love the quilting. I too will be ordering that stencil. Hope they don't sell out before I get to it.

You are so creative. Can't wait to take some of your classes.

Thank you for your inspiration.

OHMYGOODNESS! Obviously my eyes were swollen shut last night when I typed this and didnt notice the typo!! But it is sew funny that I am not even going to edit it! Fat back...yeah right, you don't have an ounce of fat on you! LOLOLOL

Originally posted by TinaCollins

Quoted from Sherry above:

Don't tuck those ideas to fat back in that pretty little head of yours, I expect to see something from you in a timely manner!

Sherry, I am so sorry to hear that there were issues regarding credit, when I read the post, I understood that this is a quilt that you are doing for yourself. How many of us when making a quilt for ourselves, credit the pattern maker when we talk and show it off?

Linda did mention Ronda in a post. Also, by handling this issue publicly, Ronda may have done more damage to herself then to you. It should have been handled between the two of you.

I hope your releationship can be repaired.

and remember that everything happens for a reason and to learn from it.

Your work is wonderful.:)

Tina

Sherry,

I wanted to say something before, but didn't. But, in the short time I've been in the LA world, I have seen so many rude posts from "that girl". She is always afraid that "someone" isn't going to get enough credit.

PLEASE don't take offence or quit posting. All of us can see what is happening, and we are so very happy that you continue to share with us. (I haven't seen the one post referred to and don't know where to find it.) Thank you so very much for not throwing in the towel. I know it is the first thing we all want to do when we are attacked. You are one tough cookie!!!

Hugs, Joy

Sherry, your work is just FABULOUS!!! I'm so glad that there are people like you in this industry who don't mind sharing their work. You really are an inspiration and give us all something to strive for. Thank you, and please don't be put off by anyone trying to take any credit away from you. You are showing us your quilting here, not the designer of the pieceing's work.

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief, it is so gorgeous!! :):):)

Sherry, your quilting on this is absolutely stunning! I am sorry to have read the public tiff over credit/no credit thing.

Regardless of who is right or who is wrong (and it's very possible for people to be a little of both at times), a public mistake is never pleasant. (Ask me how I know...;)) I hope you and Ronda reconcile your differences. I admire you both very much and am confident you are both "big girls" and are capable of playing nice.:)

FWIW, I do know that Ronda is in quite a bit of discomfort with her back right now (going into surgery on Monday). That may have had some bearing on her public reaction. (I know I can be quite testy when I'm not feeling well.) Not trying to make excuses for anyone, just something that might be worth noting.

Again, the quilting is wonderful! I have seen that pattern on some international hand quilted quilts a couple years ago and thought it would be cool to attempt by machine. So glad you shared your results!:cool:

Happy holidays!

Christine Olson

Sherry,

I am blown away once again by your quilting. You have been such an inspiration to me for years. I'm so sorry that you were attacked over what you posted. I do not feel that you did ANYTHING wrong in your post. We can't even see the quilt pattern, except for the featherd star part which NO ONE living today can take credit for designing the original of, and as the rest of the pattern is not visible I cannont see where it is even relevant who designed the part that CANNOT be seen.

Please do not let this lower your energy, or rob you of your peace. And please please don't let this stop you from sharing your gift with us and with the lists you are on. You have no idea what heights you can inspire us to reach by sharing your work.

I joined this list just to post this.:) I am going to post it to quiltropolis as well.

Angels on your body.

Tracye Quinlan

O.K. I don't login for 2 days & the quilting hits the fan:)

Sherry I can't add an other word to discribe how beautiful your quilting is, It's an inspiration to me every time, I want to grow up to be just like you & I want to take your classes in the worst way, I had so hoped that you would be at Innovations last Sept., maybe next year (fingers crossed).

NOW I tried to find this post from RKBeyers, (did a search for all of her posts) but I can't,....... it must have been removed by apqs, good;) anyone who would say nasty things to or about our Sherry :mad: @!!~&*(%^$#

If she has a problem, she could have e-mailed you & kept it private, not but her negativeity out there on this forum.

I'm so sorry for your tears Sherry, :(

PLEASE!! PLEASE!! don't stop showing us your quilting, we need to see the work you do, so we can try & achive some-thing close to your wonderful work, if that's possible.;)

You all are just too kind! I want you all to know that I soooo appreciate that YOU appreciate seeing my quilting. It is due to your comments that I continue to share. You are all very gracious with your kind words and for that I am so very greatful. I am blessed that we all share the same passion for quilting that we do and that we have such a wonderful and positive forum in which to express it!

Bless you all this Holiday season!

Love,

Sherry

Sherry,

As usual you continue to amaze and inspire! I can just feel my imagination growing! Thank you sooo much for sharing! And thank God you decided to continue doing so! Your quilting just makes my fingers itch to get started!

I saw the post in the other listing only after I had read this thread and found it pretty nauseating. I know I'm just a LA wanna-be but I've been quilting for over 25 years and have never heard of this person. After reading the post I'm pretty positive I can see why and seriously doubt if I will pay any attention if I were to hear of her in the future. Tina's right. Just wondering how she managed to twist what you were saying. Flaming online is never a good business practice. I've always been told "pretty is as pretty does" and we think you are beautiful! ....'nuff said.

Heavenly days! This is to die for. I have to say, I visit this site daily and have a LA myself, but this has me mesmerized!! I have seen many wonderful quiltings on this site but this one has a grip on me,I will look at it many times and I am going to try to print it out and put it in my file. It is fabulous and gets me excited all over again.

Hi, Sherry!

I love the quilting you are creating in this feathered star. The circular and straight lines really complement eachother very nicely. You are so creative in how you make all the quilting fit the piecing. As always, you rock on that longarm!

On a personal note....I am just now catching up from being away from home for a week...I just returned home late Friday night after spending a week in Anchorage and overnights at the hospital and getting surgery done to repair my broken foot (calcaneous fracture). I am on the very slow road to recovery (I have strict orders not to walk on my leg for 3 months!) but I feel better each day and glad to be home, now. :) I hope to be off my pain meds in a few days so I can feel like "me" again!

Sherry, please continue to inspire us with your beautiful work and creativity with quilting. I completely missed all of the Hullabaloo about Ronda. In the long run, I am sure things will settle down and you two will be OK again. As far as I'm concerned, this longarm quilting community should only be a positive and supportive community to help eachother to become better and enjoy the craft that we all love and appreciate so much. There's no room or time for setbacks like this. Setbacks only hurt us all with this craft. Quilting should only (always) be a positive, supportive community...never territorial. Let's all share, let's all support, let's all make eachother the best that we all can be. This is our community and it has been (for me) a wonderful, warm, welcoming place that I have always felt at home. May you and Ronda some day look back at this unfortunate incident and appreciate that all of us have become better people (and better quilters) because of it.

I can't wait to see the quilt when it's finished. I also look forward to seeing more of Ronda's beautiful work, too. Everyone has a special place in the quilting world. You and Ronda are very much an important part of it. Best wishes to both of you.

Shana

Goooollly Girls, how can I ever thank you enough. My head is going to blow up!! Oops, I think it already did!

Hope your ready for another teaser...I have worked all day and the ending is in sight. Till I get there I may as well show another element. I hope to finish this on Sunday.

Thank you all again for floating my boat! ;);)

Sherry....OMG, You have me holding my breath again....I am so in ahhhhhhhhhh here. I showed this to hubby and he almost wouldn't let me have the laptop back....he just stared at it and kept saying its gorgeous. And kept asking me how did she do that. Yours aren't this pretty....Thanks Gene I love you too, but he is right. I can't seem to slow the machine down enough to be able to get even feathers. I get some nasty toe nail hangers.

I have been hitting him up for the Intellistitch system because I can't afford to upgrade and can't get enough in a trade in for my ULT to beable to afford even a used machine, and with this he just might take it into consideration.

I'm so in love with this quilting...should you decide to put it into a will....can my name to on the top of the list. :D

Yeah, right: "No comment."

My God, girl!!! I think that is the most AWESOME quilting of all time on the whole face of the earth. I almost didn't even see the new picture. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE, can I pay to come to your house and just stand there and watch? I promise I'll wipe up the drool before it gets on your quilt.

Man-oh-man!!! You surely have a gift for those feathers.

Hugs, Joy;)

Archived