Lime Squeeze in process

Guest Linda S

My gosh Sherry! I am so glad you are continuing to share your pictures. Your quilting is so inspirational. You know that you were the one who got me going with more custom work, which landed me a job with Marsha McCloskey. I'm dying for the time to play with some of your ideas on my own stuff. You are a treasure to the quilting world.

Love ya buckets full!

Linda

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rock on Sher-Bear! ;)

I can't wait to see this heavenly beauty unveiled as a whole, sleep tight & enjoy the final step in your master piece.

What a truly rewarding process!:)

Thanks very much girls!

This background quilting is one of the quilting elements I thought was not going to be happy with when I started, but once I was into it there was NO way I was going to live long enough to pick it out! I am not so sure that I would ever do this on a customer quilt either, but once it is done I hope it gives the effect I was after which is just texture. My piecing is not the best either so at least it disquises most imperfections. Funny thing is, I have a little drawing of the way I *thought* I would quilt this and I have used NOTHING on that drawing!

A few weeks ago I purchased Diane Gaudinkski's little book by AQS ( I think) I am such a HUGE fan of her's that I devoured the book word by word and have looked at it a zillion times. I think I really must thank her for inspiring me!

Night nite my friends.

Ya right! How can we NOT comment? You just keep teasing us!....:D

Go ahead and hog the forum - by the looks of those photos - your quilting -

you have earned it!!:)

I love those spines with the tiny circles in your feathers, I didn't notice them

the first time - but WOW! Very VERY nice!!

p.s. Still waiting for the border.... I love how that is pieced and can't wait to

see how you quilt it! You will let us know when the photo show is ready -

right?!!? No need to answer, I know you will! Hope you were able to sleep!

I need to apologize here. I was pretty flabbergasted the other day when I made my last post here. I literally posted and then walked away from my computer without backing out of this thread. Please remember that I am a "wanna-be" and not at all familiar with the longarm community. After a lot of thought about things like what am I getting myself into, and I thought everyone was so encouraging and nice to each other...I came back and saw that I'd left myself logged in and this thread was still open.

Well, guess what reply was up in my face!? Shauna's. God bless you Shauna, your reply really helped me get this in perspective. After more thinking I can see both sides of this issue and am back to feeling good about things. Although sorry there has been a rift between friends I continue to learn and gain understanding about the industry and business.

Shauna, glad your surgery is over, hoping the recovery process won't be too much of a grind and goes well.

Sherry, loving your work, thank you for sharing!

Rhonda, if you are out there, please publish soon so we can all play!

I checked her tonight hoping to see more and got to see the pinwheel border treatment. I think it looks great.................I am hoping to see the final result tommorow?

I showed hubby the first photo and he thinks it is amazing too!

I too am a huge fan of Diane Gudynski ( I know I spelled that wrong). I just love the way she can take machine quilting back to the traditional roots of over the top heirloom quilting.

Edited to say: I just checked your Webshots page and saw the 19 photos of the finished quilt.........................it is beyond words! I just love it! You are an inspiration and I wish I could quilt just like you when I grow up.

Archived