Prayer Request Sorry so long:(UPDATED)

Jeanne, my prayers for the Heavenly Father to carry your son-in-law through these trying times, and to hold your daughters hand. May He have a solution for your son-in-laws siezures and may it be long lasting relief.

Prayers for your sil, your daughter, and all helping him, your hubby, you, and all here.

God Bless,

Rita

so far no seizures but he will not be given his meds tonight so that is probably when it will happen. Praying for a mild one so they can see where it is coming from but not to cause any injury or harm. Poor guy had a swollen bit up tongue for a week or more last time when the grand mall came in the night. In case you hadnt heard the old way of putting something in their mouth to bite on is no longer the protocol. do nothing except keep them from hitting their head and turn to the side so they dont choke on blood. Yikes sure makes you feel helpless to help.

Jeanne, Many thoughts and prayers to you and your family, doctors, everyone. I know seizures are scary. My son Daniel started having them when he was 10 and his are mostly non-convulsive, so when you rush him to the hospital they think you are bringing a mentally challenged child in, it took being an angry Momma Bear to get attention. We have never discovered why he has them, some people are just prone to it. The deduction is that strep throat was the trigger and stress from his Great-Grandmother dying. She passed the day after his first seizure, we had went the night before to say goodbye. We were hoping for him to outgrow them but that hasn't occurred yet, he's 15 and had 17 seizures last year. Daniel takes 18 pills a day to help control them, yes that is a lot of meds. We have ran the gammit of testing, eeg's, mri's, heart, blood and everything that can be thought of and there are no underlying reason for him seizing. Unfortunately that is the case with most people so the next step is getting them under control. Most of the meds today are good and most don't have ill side effects but if you do you know it. The one med that did keep Daniel seizure free, Keppra, also caused panic attacks and schizophrenia at night, not good either. So he takes Trileptal 900 mg morning, 1050 mg evening (side effect, bipolar) Lamictal 250 mg morning and evening (It helps with seizures but also helps with bipolar) Dilantin 330 mg at bedtime (makes his eczema worse). He takes dealing with the seizures well, he takes it as this is what God has in store for him right now so therefore he thanks Him for it. I have an awesome son. I don't know if I have helped any but I will be praying. ~hugs~

Jeanne, I hope your son-in-law is doing well. I would like to share what I know of this type of seizure with you. The original seizures that he had in 09 likely left a small 'lesion' on the brain. Once this lesion is there, it can be triggered by many things to start the seizures again. Once there is a seizure, the brain's 'seizure threshold' is lowered, and seizures occur more frequently. Playing video games is known to trigger seizures in some people. This may be what triggered his. The key is to find the right medication, in the right dose, to get them back under control. He will probably have to stay on some medication long-term, even after his current seizures get under control. I wish you all the best. Seizures are very scary, and finding the right treatment can be frustrating. Hang in there, and continue to prayer.

Peggy

As you said the brain is a very delicate thing. Both electrolyte inbalances (the magnesium) and physical stimuli (electronic games, flashing lights etc.) can set it off. It's a very tricky thing to diagnose as well. Also, the fact that he has had seizures in the past could be an issue for the drs. to take into account. The main thing is for them to find the right medicine combination and hopefully discover if he has specific triggers he can learn to avoid. I don't know about all states, but in Texas, a seizure disorder is a reason to surrender your drivers liscense. That of course can cause an added hardship on a young family, but as they've already experienced, it doesn't always give you warning, it can be just as devistating as being hit by a drunk driver. I send you My cyber hugs, thoughts, and prayers to the ultimate physician for healing and for peace for your family.

You might know in the hospital nothing has happened yet, About the environment I dont think that is it because he has had them everywhere, Dr. offices, restaurants, our house, home, friends house, car, work etc. So it doesnt seem to be where but maybe when who knows. As of 3 pm today nothing but I will be amazed if he continues not to have any without his medicine especially.

Good news is Hubby is coming home on Friday. Not sure if Adam will still be in hospital or not but most likely not. He is giving it that long and maybe they will come with him who knows. But he is ready to come home he said. LOL

Archived