looks like snow but it isn't

Oh Quilt Fairy....our yard and road looks just about the same only no color. You cannot see the grass...and we had cars sliding into our yard all day. It is kind of fun to watch people drive like they are in the Indy 500 on ice. They just need to learn to slow down a little. But then if they did, we wouldn't have anything to watch.

Yes, we got sleet first came to over 1-1/2" then the snow came. When the sleet was done we couldn't see our grass either. But the snow is to get some where from 9"-16"...just glad I have my quilting to keep me indoors and just look out the window at it...we get a peek out the back to watch the hwy I-44 to see how fast they drive too, most of them are slow going, but most around here know not to drive to fast. The state has just installed these little fences out on the interstate(what i call squirrel fences) only about 3 ft high, to stop the cars from going off the road. But I think they'll just cause more damage than good, will make them swirve back into traffic and cause an accident. The slick roads will prove this to the hwy dept and maybe they'll take them down. They are only put in the ground by pounding them in not concreted like you would think...silly hwy dept :)

only in the teens at night and 30's in the daytime. Love my fireplace insert on days and nights like this...

You all keep warm now, it is traveling to the east of us in a day or 2 so you all get ready for the same

QF,

Where are you located in Missouri. I-44, a familiar place to me since I grew up in Springfield and go there often to visit mom and dad, my son and his family and friends. Of course I know it goes all the way across the state so you could be anywhere.

The snow missed us. That's what livin right does for ya!! Not really, we just got lucky this time. It all went south. We live about 9 miles north of the Missouri river and it all went that way. I bet Country Lane got it in Lee's Summit, but it sure missed us. We will deal with the ice until Saturday, and I will attempt to be like the other nuts and drive in it today to go to work. Maybe I learned something from watching the show yesterday. :)

Yes, how could we make it without our insert!! I cooked a pot of chilli on it yesterday. Love it, love it!!

I live about 100 west of St. Louis small town called St. James. Some of hwy 44 is closed and so is parts of 63 and 72...so roads didn't get alot of snow like they said we were to get, only 3" but is a mess and hwy dept is working hard to get them cleaned off...sun is at least shining now, so snow looks pretty..not leaving my house til sometime next week when i need milk...hehe:)

Mary Beth, Country Lane did get the ice and we have about 8" of snow on top of that. Luckily I have enough wood to get through this week. I am staying home since I live in "the woods" and my house is it at the top of the hill and has a road that makes a sharp curve to go downhill. This is the 1st year I haven't had a 4wheel drive or large, heavy vehicle. so.....We are so used to most of the bad weather going north of the river or south of Harrisonville down into Springfield that I didn't really believe the weather forecasters that Lee's Summit would really gethit heavier than farther north! So now I am actually stayin home for a couple days instead of going to the studio. Stay warm!!!

My parents live in Springfield...they were celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary yesterday - they were getting it when I called to see how their day was going. Whew, they get it almost everytime. Eight inches...I hope you have enough food to last you until tomorrow or later.

Augh - come on! I am just praying and waiting for a snow storm!!! Please?!

Well - o.k. maybe not until tomorrow - I have a applique class in the a.m. -

but I love SNOW!! I have been watching "White Christmas" and playing the

music for a couple of months now!! Pretty Please!?! Snow??!?!

Well, it looks like it did come east. We had an ice storm Thurs. night and lost our power. It didn't come back on until last night sometime. After Thurs. night and all day Friday, we decided we didn't need to be this cold and went to Southern IL where we have my mother-in-laws home. Stayed there Fri and Sat night came back today to power. We were lucky, there's still a lot of people without power. There are so many limbs down and everything is covered in ice. If not for the destruction, it would be really pretty.

Deblou

CScratch, we is fine...seems they got the worst of it up in St. Louis and lower part of Ill. Seen where KM quilting was done for awhile, but think they are back in buisness today..hope so as i ran out of heirloom batting...oooh aint that sad...hehe no more quilting til it arrives...darn hemming to do. oh well. anyway we got 1-1/2" ice the 3" snow, is melting like mad today, almost up to 40 degrees...feels like regular heat wave now...like others my studio is in my house so no excuses for not working. hope everyones snow and ice goes as fast as it came.

Archived