• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Joanie - Welcome to the forum!! You are not too far away from me - glad

you're here - lots of good info to be found! Do you have any snow? I am

still hoping - there was a bunch of frost out there this morning - that was

pretty - but not a flake!! :( I really do want a blizzard - but WITH the power

still on - baking cookies today! Yummy!:D

I think Vicki will be checking this thread often and updating our list - oh this

is going to be great!! You should also go to the month of your Birthday and

post your info. there ....

Hi just got this information also!!!

I would love to join in. BUT will be gone on a trip to Tanzania until January 20th. If I join now will I mess the system up by being gone and not at my sewing machine until the end of January?

I have never done this sort of exchange... or any for that matter.... any helpful hints are GREATFULLY welcome!!!

Jan :cool:

Originally posted by CherylUribe

The spread sheet is finished, but will always be a work in progress due to additions etc. Vicki sent it to me today, for pre-view. It looks great -very efficient! I know Vicki is leaving tomorrow for a couple of weeks.

If any one needs a copy, email Vickie. She will send it out when she gets back.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Vicki,

I had ask this under the Nov. thread but haven't heard back so thought I would try this one. I haven't received a copy of the spread sheet with info regarding blocks. Or do we just need to go thru each month to pick out the ones that we are going to do. Sorry if I remain confused on this. I know there are more than likely several Jan. BD's that have passed but those can be caught up on. If you need more info from me, please let me know.

Thanks for everything that you are doing to make this go smoothly,.

Alyn

Wow - we are on page 4 already - how many pages do you all think we are

allowed to have?

Alyn - best and quickest way is just to email Vicki directly. Just in case she

has not checked the threads lately.... busy - busy - busy!!

Just go up to one of her replys and click on the little email link on the

bottom, right under her name and phone number - or you could call her too!

I know that she is always making updates to the list and check the threads

now and then for new info. or people....... This will be fun!!!

Hi Alyn: I just sent you an updated copy of the list and noticed your last name which I added. You're all set to go now unless you are not able to open the Excel file, or don't even see it. Let me know and I can send it in another format.

I just got my first block from Valerie Edwards today and I'm thrilled to see the Christmas Cactus flowers on it. Just by chance I have a blooming Christmas Cactus plant in pink that matches the block. How did she know?

?

Vicki

??(Still trying to figure out how to post a picture.)

?

?

• 1 month later...

Greetings Birthday Folks,

As I look at the calendar for the coming year, I see that I will be busier then than I am now. Between family committments and travel and fun in the sun (it will be warm again), I thought I best get this activity completed. So, I turned it up a notch and now have all the Birthday Blocks done. All birthday blocks up to 63 are now in the mail - the last five went out in the mail this morning. I tried to come as close as I could to your personal wishes. If I truly missed the ball on any, let me know so I can fix it.

Vicki, thanks for your work on the flow chart. It was very helpful. I do not plan to do any more blocks, but will always cross reference your list when I receive a block so no one is left out! Noerce, again thanks to being the first block that I received.

Now off to use up all the scraps left over and have some fun buying more fabric!

Carol

Hello Ladies. I finally had some time last week to tackle some birtthday blocks. Other are doing them by month, working down the list, working up the list, etc. I decided to tackle them by color and fabric type. I also picked out 3 block patterns to do for those that didn't specify a preference.

I finished 8 blocks over the weekend for batiks and purple/green fabrics. They will go off in the mail tomorrow. Hopefully they will meet everyone's specifications.

Enjoy!!

Debbi

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have joined the group a bit late, but hope to be a VERY active member. I have found my stash to be nearly unmanagable and what a great way to whittle it away....giving blocks to fellow quilters. Thank you, Vicki, for sending the spreadsheet. Roxie

• 3 weeks later...

I have sent out U2U's and emails, but haven't heard back from many of those. I'm going to send out some more again and hope to get a better response. I know people get busy and forget sometimes, but it is nice to know if the blocks reach their destination or not. I want everyone to get theirs, and if they get lost in the mail I want to send another. The only way to know is if people answer to let us know. I just sent out 9 blocks yesterday and hope they all get to their new homes. It is such fun to go the mailbox and find a block there!!!

Norece, I am sorry if I haven't told you I received your block......but I have several weeks ago. I thought I wrote a message stating so but I will apologize to you if I hadn't....I'm sorry. It is perfect and will go well with

the other blocks I have received........Thank you very much, Renae

I suggest that we get together a list of the names of those people who have dropped off the list. I have all mine done up to July now, and hope to finish all the rest this week and get them in the mail; but I don' t want to make for those people who are not participating.

Does anybody know if Polly Holyoak and Annette Parker are still on the list. I have blocks made for them, but haven't seen them post any thing in b'day block lists.Also, what about Tina Seiling and Stephanie Grant?

By the way, I have blocks ready to be mailed to Norece, Barbara Goodson, April Wright, Susan Contreras, Manda, Sara Crocker, and Markita. Watch for them in the mail this week.

Vicki has asked that I let you all know that she is at quilt camp all week and will not be available for any questions about the list until next week. Hope she has lots of fun.

For those of you you have sent me the beautiful blocks, I hope to get yours in the mail next week. (that is if my granddaughter doesn't make a 6 week early appearance) and then I will start the rest. I do apologize fo rbeing so far behind. Who was to know that life was to get so messy this year. thank you for your patience.

Archived