I'm hooked ...

Kerstin

I'm sitting in the train on my way home from Krefeld, Open house at Quilt and Co, with Claudia Pfeil.

Had a very interesting class about IQ, thank you Merete Ellingsen! There's only one question left: Where do I get the money to buy IQ?? ;)) I really love it ....

... and when I will get IQ I think I also wanna have Art'n'Stitch ... more money is needed:) Maybe I should try the lottery ...

Some things to thing about :)

Hi and Good Luck on the IQ, both of you.

You could make and sell crib size quilts, or quicker than a crib quilt, two layers of nice fleece throws, with only the design, and then cut the border with a wavy or picket fence finish. They are so soft and cuddly and warm,

No Binding, no batting, the only thing it may take is a pattern, panto, QZ or CL design boards. etc. one of those throws, are just so simple and if they take to ball games it would keep then nice and warm.

Depending on what colors are available, maybe you could offer the colors of several states, but without the mascot.

Good Luck

What I found interesting was to compare how many customer quilts I did before IQ and after IQ. My output has doubled. That, in turn, means my profitability also went soaring.

Here's the fact that turned my head:

It takes 69 Queen sized quilts at .02/sq inch to pay off an IQ.

That is just labor. That doesn't include your binding charge or your batting charges or your backing charges.

69 queens.

Meanwhile, I can work on another quilt while IQ stitches. Heck, I can go to the GROCERY STORE while IQ stitches.

One thing you'll hear over and over again is... "I should have bought my IQ sooner"

:)

Well, it's hard to be patient, but I was... I saved my pennies for 3 years and bought the IQ last fall. I don't like to take loans out; I prefer to save and pay for it cash. Way back in 2003, I wanted to buy a longarm some day... so I saved for 3 years to buy the longarm in 2007.

So......my advice is to continue tucking the money away for a rainy day and sure enough the rain will come and your dream will come true! :)

Guest Linda S

Kerstin - both will be great purchases, but remember - you can do an awful lot with the IQ itself before you need to invest in Art and Stitch. I will probably eventually buy a license for Art and Stitch (I have the free trial version), but until then, I can clip, flip, copy, combine, etc., with IQ itself. You can also record your own designs right at your machine and clean them up on the screen. Both tools are wonderful, but it's not necessary to buy them both at the same time.

Archived