Curly cord vs. straight cord

barbm

I have a customer with an older Millennium - it has the overhead wiring and the (heavy!) curly cord. I've told my customer that there is a straight cord available now for the older models, and that she could dispense with the overhead setup. She's concerned about the cord getting in her way when she's at the panto side of the machine. Since I don't use the panto side, except when demonstrating, all I can tell her is that the cord's never bothered me. How about the rest of you? Any problems with the power cord getting in your way when you do pantos? Any suggestions for my customer?

Guest Linda S

Barb, I used the front and back of the machine equally for a while. Even though my Liberty came with a straight cord, I put it up on a track because I thought I needed it out of my way. Turned out it was just a waste of time. When I finally took the cord down, it was much more out of my way than when it was hung from the ceiling track!

My machine came with a curly cord (in 2003) and I hated it, as I always felt like I was dragging it around. (I never had a ceiling track.) After about a year, I purchased a straight cord from APQS and it works great. My cord doesn't reallly get in the way - it's zip-tied to the laser light plug, so it stays at the middle/back of the machine. I hope that's clear enough. It is so much nicer than that heavy curly cord, which I still have if someone else needs one...

My Ult i had a curly cord. My DH rigged up a ceiling outlet so that I could "keep the cord out of the way". It was most irritating, and seemed to always drag the head to the center (where the outlet was located). I eventually unplugged it and used a straight extension cord. I still felt that the curly cord caused some drag. I'm much happier with the straight cord on my new millie.

I have a straight cord with a heavy duty extension cord and frequently quilt from the back of the machine with no problems. The trick is, when getting ready to quilt, pull the cord to the farthest side of the table from the outlet. That way, the machine won't have any drag as it moves back and forth along the table.

My UII & UI had the curly cord and I really hated those darm things. I finaly got disgusted with them and went to the hardware store and bought some bright blue cording instead. Now I use the old curly cords as extention cords around the house. zeke..............

• 3 weeks later...

Archived