Fleece Throw.

I needed a very quick quilt on Sun. I thought of several, but

I just didn't have enough time.

Went in the sewing room and saw the fleece, got two down and put them on the machine. No batting, or extra backing.. just the two layers of quilting.

I had 2 1/2 hours, and I made it with no problems. What little sag on the bottom one just disappeared with a brush of the hand on the top layer.

It was so easy and such fun to make, that I'm now checking a couple sites for fleece throws or fleece yardage.

I didn't take a picture of it.. it was for a family who was getting their Habitat for Humanities house.

It was such fun, and impressive to see the presentation, and the acceptance of the home.

I had one other fleece throw, and thought I had another. Couldn't find it, until a day later. one was in the shelves the other in a pile on the table.

I recommend it to anyone.

• 3 months later...

I've done them both with and without batting. I probably like the ones without the batting best. Batting will make them very, very warm and much thicker. So, it will depend on the outcome you are looking for.

I usually just quilt a panto, or do something freehand. I did a Spiderman fleece (no batting) for my grandson a year or two ago and used a Circle Lord template of spider webs and just popped the webs around the "quilt" and then freehanded his name in places, and other meanderings to fill it in between the large webs. I fringed it. He loved it.

The ones I put batting in, I bound.

great idea, rita.

i use these to practice all over patterns....

i buy the fleece with my 40% at joanns.

the fleece is so forgiving...and looks nice even if you bobble.

quick gifts that people love to receive.:D

I needed to test out my new M&M wheels and to practice a feather meander. I don't get many requests for feathers, so I don't usually put in the PPP'ing I should. This fleece throw was a great practice piece. Hot pink on one side; bright yellow on the other side. Yellow and hot pink threads. No batting.

post--13461908591102_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by QuilterB

Hi- I have a question on the fleece. Do you stitch the edges before putting on the frame or after?

Thanks-

Vickie

i pin the back and float the top - then i just stitch all around the the edges on the LA - i use the channel locks to stitch about 6 inches from the edges all around the quilt. when it comes off, i square it up then cut about 2" widths all around the edges and it makes fringe. simple and it looks great.

My, how odd that this thread pops up now, just when I finished 3 in a row.

One I tried the meandered on the outside edge that was larger than the top.

Found out it looked better when larger meander, small seems to pack it down too much for a fleece throw.

I believe it was the flower with a couple leaves and repeat.

One I used a design board with the QZ, Gear A It came out quite pretty.

I have one more to do before I can go back to piecing or doing an applique for fun.

I'm going to do something with the QZ on it, also.

Archived