A few more ready for Guild Quilt Show in March

Here are a few more projects that I'll be entering in our Guild Quilt Show in March. There are several close up shots on my webshots if you care to look.

This one is Dragon Star by Judy Neimeyer

2914211600098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

This is a Ginny Beyer design, called Stoney Creek, another FREE download pattern. I used a, new to me , template for the borders, No Frills scallops. I really liked the results.

2544097120098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

Chrysallis

There was a picture a few months ago on this forum, I think, of a quilt similar to this that was made in the 70's. The artist has passed away and I couldn't find a pattern so I had to design my own. I made the blue logs 1/4" and the white logs 1/2"

2146394200098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

Be Colourful

This is another Jacqueline De Jong from The Netherlands design.

2721096320098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

Chip Challenge 2011

This was a fun guild project. We had to draw a paint chip from a hat sight unseen. It had 4 tones of a color on it. We then had to find fabrics that matched exactly and create a finished project. The total size of this is 30" X 30" with the center star being 8".

2520309270098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

Thank you all very much!! I've kind of felt in the duldrums for a bit and all of the sudden things started falling together and I am energized again.

Vicki, the swags were done with the 5" No-Frills Swag ruler from Constantine Quilts in Australia. I got it from Kingsmen but not sure where to get them now since, I understand, Kingsmen is out of business, although their website is still up. This was the first time I used this ruler and I was very happy with the results. There is a nice tutorial on YouTube that helps alot. If anyone knows someone else in the US who carries them, I still want to get the other size.

Gotta get back to work, still have a couple more to get done:o

Just found this on the Constantine website -- Yeah Lyn!!

I’m also thrilled to let you know that all my overseas customers can now purchase my rulers from the lovely Lyn at www.quiltedmemoriesllc.com in Kansas City, USA. She has just received her first shipment of rulers/templates and has quickly got them on her website. So go & say hi to Lyn! I can’t wait to meet her in person when I’m there in May this year teaching classes at www.mqsshow.org

Archived