A question for APQS regarding Spam posts

Over the last several months. We do seem to be getting excessive spam posts.

Would it not be possible to make registering with the APQS forums a little more difficult.

I know you probably do not have time to moderate every new person registering, but on some site you have to type a code or reply to an email befor being allowed to join a forum.

It's just getting a little unpleasant, like this morning the first six posts I saw had been hacked by spammers.

I did notice that the latest spammers were for flooring and roofing. They were lured to the forum by key words in the thread. One was about Linzi's yurt roof and the other by a chat about studio flooring.

We hate it because the old posts mess up our orderly forum by dragging old news to the front again.....:(

Most seem to be looking for a place to advertise for free, but don't click on a link from an unfamiliar source. Bad viruses are spread that way. I have also been getting spammy email but don't know the source either. I'm thinking of removing my email from my profile.

Hi Linda

I can put up with the spam, I was just wondering if there where any security measures APQS could take. Some web forums generate an email that you must reply to before they allow you to join.

I removed my email after getting that suspect U2U asking for financial help .

Archived