Just finished - Monkey Business!

I wanted to share the wallhanging that I made for the annual meeting of the Richmond Quilt Guild. The theme is Africa and all the chapters were asked to make a small quilt for auction. So I volunteered for our chapter. It was a lot of fun. I hand dyed the background fabric, fused and appliqued all the leaves, monkeeys, grasses, etc. I designed the quilt using EQ7. I did some hand painting and also used decorative threads to highlight some of the leaves/grasses etc. Lots of fun. Made me smile most of the time I was working on it!

2389491580103885794S500x500Q85.jpg

I have some close up shots on my webshots album: 2389491580103885794QNQzgD_th.jpg

The meeting is late March...Hope it does well. :P:P

I love the setting you created between the two trees, Evelyn. The addition of the dark leaves and straight lineal shapes going up the trees really captivated my eyes. My personal favorite section is the closeup of the leaves in the upper righthand corner shown in your webshots. The red veining you quilted makes the leaves look like they could fall off the page. It was helpful to me to see the manner in which you quilted the leaf background with McTavishing, which seemed to have a calm, graphic-like appearance. I have never been happy with my attempts at McT; perhaps I'll try your take on it and see if that works for me. Your work is always inspiring -- thank you for sharing! And, best wishes to your Guild for raising lots of money!

What an adorable quilt! I love your design. I enjoyed the webshots. Beautiful quilting. Mastering McT is an art in itself. You did a wonderful job. I have been practicing McT and hope to use it on my next quilt. I know everyone in your guild is sure to love this one. It is so creative.

Fabulous job!

Dustee

Archived