Glide Thread Color "SKY"

Ok, without me having to purchase a minimum of $35 from bobbincentral...is there ANYONE out there who has a large cone of Glide # 30646, color SKY?? That I can purchase it from you???

If not, is there anyone out there placing an order, like "tomorrow" that might need an extra lg cone of thread to meet your order that you can add my spool to?

That's the ONLY thing about bobbincentral I dont like. Minimum orders. Their thread is YUMMY!!!!!

Well. shucks again. I just ordered $50 worth. y Callie!

I gave in and ordered the thread for future projects. I'm just one of those, that when ordering for a specific project, thats what I like to get.

When i'm at shows and dont have to pay shipping, I like to stock up on the basic colors and a few "fun ones" to play around with...why i'm that way...who knows!

Thanks Heidi & Callie for your responses!! Just was late with both today...and thats how my day's been going!

I agree, minimums are hard to meet if you only need a couple of cones of thread, and it is the one thing that has held me back from completing my Glide thread order :(

Has anyone here used Isacord and Glide? I'm looking for a comparison? I've been using Isacord and really prefer it over So-Fine and BottomLine. I get great stitches with it. And it's only $8 for a 5000 meter cone wholesale from Amann, no minimum order. Or $8.35 from threadetc.com. The only drawback is you have to wind your own bobbins or use another prewound thread.

Amann sends out free thread color charts, if anyone is interested in setting up a wholesale account with them.

Thank you for the link, Sue. I have added it to my THREAD bookmarks and will definitely remember to order from them the next time. Back when I started using Isacord it was so much cheaper than it is now ... but I guess that is true of everything!

Can you tell me how Glide compares sheen-wise to the Isacord?

My SIL is an SRichardson, too :)

Guest Linda S

Really? I didn't know there was a minimum order policy at Fil-Tec? Could it be that I always order more than $35 anyway? I've never run into this problem. Hmmm. Well, if you ever need anything again, please let me know. I generally can use something, so I'd be happy to get you one item if that's really all you need.

Bonnie are there any sewing machine dealers in your area that handle embroidery machines. The Isacord threads are way less usually there I get mine for about $5.50 a spool. It was the only thread available before Superior came to be. I have several quilts that were done roughly 18 years ago that gave yet to break a thread.

Bonnie, I agree stores with embroidery machines and supplies will have Isacor (all Bernina dealers). Another thread that runs beautiful with glide or alone is Floriani, which is sold at Brother, Babylock and Viking shops. Myrna Ficken sells it also.

Minimums are tough...same with shipping! I needed two cones of Superior and bumped up my order to 7 just to make the shipping a little more "justified". Well, when the invoice showed me it was still over $1/cone I was stunned. It is tough to think ahead and order thread for quilts you have not yet seen! I will try to buy more at shows where there is no shipping.

I did find a place that does not charge for shipping but their thread is a bit limited for cones: Delaware Dry Goods. Maybe if we ask, they will carry more for LAers. They said they would if there was demand for it. Just FYI. I have an account with them but no affiliation.

Originally posted by Bonnie

Bonnie are there any sewing machine dealers in your area that handle embroidery machines. The Isacord threads are way less usually there I get mine for about $5.50 a spool. It was the only thread available before Superior came to be. I have several quilts that were done roughly 18 years ago that gave yet to break a thread.

Connie & Bonnie, the Bernina dealer we used to have carried all the Isacord but he only carried the small spools. I did think to look around locally but no one carries the big 5000 meter spools here. :( Good to know that the Isacord is holding up so well on your quilts, Bonnie!

Bonnie,

I wish we had more time visiting @ our guilds quilt show last weekend. You are invited to come to see my studio/home and see the marvelous collection of glide threads in my thread cabinet. All the quilts I exhibited in that show, as well as my clients entries were quilted with glide.

Another longarmer in our town came and asked me what thread I use for Longarming, she liked the sheen, some thought I used metallic thread when I quilted on black background of a Christmas quilt.

We have an Isacord dealer in town, wholesale but their price is still high.

I will see you for sure in April Best of the Valley Show, Oma would like to come so we could all visit.

Corey

no website at this point. I'm at work and don't have my current inventory with me. I usually work 7-3:30 central but it's tax season so end up staying late this time of year-- I work for a mutual fund company -- so am working a couple extra hours today I'll ck when I get home for blue sky

Originally posted by jeri

I'll sell Glide without the minimums. I have quite a few colors in stock and can always order more. If I have to order more colors it will take a few extra days

Jeri, that is GREAT to know! And, your in MO, so shipping would be like...ONE DAY!

Send me your contact info girl!

I ordered $50 yesterday in thread, and will see how fast they pack/ship it out today, and when it gets here!

Originally posted by Bonnie H

Thank you for the link, Sue. I have added it to my THREAD bookmarks and will definitely remember to order from them the next time. Back when I started using Isacord it was so much cheaper than it is now ... but I guess that is true of everything!

Can you tell me how Glide compares sheen-wise to the Isacord?

My SIL is an SRichardson, too :)

Hi Bonnie,

Glide has a little more sheen than Isacord, at least that is how I think it is. I am our of town right now so I can't just pop into my sewing room and check! I haven't tried using Magna Glide bobbins with Isacord but I doubt there would be an issue. If I remember correctly there is an Isacord/Glide colour conversation chart but again I can't check until I get home, so you could easily order your favourite colours from Filtec.

Please say Hi to my namesake!

Originally posted by Bonnie

Bonnie,

The link I gave for Isacord is $6.99 for the 5,000 meters rather than the smaller spools. I always drool when I see the thread in a store as there are so many great colours but I resist because it is so expensive to buy the spools. Good to know that the thread holds up well over time.

Archived