December Birthday Block Exchange

CherylUribe

Guidelines:

-Everyone is invited to participate!

-Please commit to this exchange in good faith. We trust and honor you! In exchange please do so in return and follow through with your commitment to make blocks!

-This exchange is Even Steven. You will receive as many blocks as you send.

Receivers:

-Find your Birthday month thread (example: if your birthday in in June, list under the June Birthday Block Exchange post)

- Post your Birthdate

- Color(s) if you have a preference

-Block size if you have a preference

-Block pattern will be the choice of the maker

-Fabric If you have a preference (batik, silk, rayon, 100% cotton etc)

-If you want the block signed, dated etc.

-How you would like to receive. You may not want to post your address. Post: "email me for my address" or something like that.

-Additionally email your info. to Vicki at: dancingstitcher@mac.com for the private master list. She will add you and email you a copy.

-When you have received enough blocks please post on this forum under your birthday month and let Vicki know so she can update the master list.

-Quilt should be finished before your next birthday.

-Photo of finished quilt should be posted here for us to all enjoy!

-Receivers of blocks must reciprocate

Makers:

-Please use quality fabric

-Fabric must be pre-washed

-Send blocks anytime before receivers birth date.

-If desired, include index card with your info. for your returned block.

Hi Cheryl, I am new here but I would love to do the block exchange, sounds like fun. My birthday is Dec. 19th, I love purple, dark to light, with very dark blues. I am going to leave the block design up to the maker but I like 100% cotton and I would like the block signed and dated down in the right hand corner of the block. Please email me for my address.........renaeg@cableone.net

Renae Gamel

Quilting Quarters

Norfolk, Nebraska

Cheryl, I forgot to tell you I would like the block to be 10 inches.......I got to thinking I didn't want to confuse anyone about the colors so if you don't want to use the purples and blues together you don't have to, you can use either dark blue or purple. It will be a mixture of both colors.

Gone Quilting,

Renae Gamel

Hi Bettyann and Ramona,

I am also new to EVERYTHING here so I just thought the best way to get started was to just dive in and the birthday blocks sound fun to do so I thought I would like participate and get to know some of the girls like you.

I just got my Milli and named her Neena and am getting used to her right now and also expanding my quilting room so everything is a total mess!!!

We tore one wall out and put up another wall so we had to repaint EVERYTHING of course.........LOL. But I am just now getting things back in shape......I do have some quilting I have to have done for a client BEFORE Christmas so I can't wait to much longer. I seem to be talking a lot....tell me about yourselves. If you would like to email me my address is renaeg@cableone.net and we can talk that way and get to know each other in a more personal way.

Gone Quilting,

Renae Gamel

Welcome Darlin' Decembers to the BD Block group. I'm in December too and very new at operating my new Millie named Alyce, Oct this year. Renae (I have some of your info) and Betty Ann, please email me back by pressing the email button here and give me your name, email address, mailing address, phone, block size preference, block color choice, birthday, and any notes like do you want batiks, cottons, silks, sign/date, or any other particulars. I'll be out of the country from Sunday the 10th to the 19th and can send you an updated list then. Have a great holiday.

Vicki

I think for this exchange I am going to request something totally different.

I will leave the color up to the sender along with the pattern for the block but I would like to have tropical prints or flowers for the fabric

any size block just to make this doubly interesting

bday is 12/24

• 5 weeks later...

Archived