Sign in to follow this  
lindasewsit

thread color? help please

I have a bright yellow and purple quilt. I am just stippling it. Should I go with a color that blends more with the light(yellow) or dark (dark purple)? I am thinking blending with the light. (yellow) Is that sound right? Is there a right way? thanks!

B3FC2919DC089FF0E59CD167809B91DF.png

Linda Gibbons

Cabin Creek Quilting

APQS Freddie (aka, Gracie ll)

Hand guided

Thanks for the input! I think I have decided to do the lighter color. I'm going to use Superior's so fine, # 403. It's a darker cream. I don't have a light grey. I thought about that, but don't have it. Thanks again for the ideas! linda

Linda Gibbons

Cabin Creek Quilting

Hand guided

Do you have So fine #502 a dirty light mauve, that would be visible on both colours or try #504 a very light grey thread.

Lyn Crump   Hand Guided 2013 Millenium Blissed and Gliding    APQS Sales Rep SE Qld Australia   www.busyquilting.com.au   On Facebook and Instagram as BusyQuilting

Attitude is everything - So pick a good one!

When I can't decide which thread to use I pull several spools that I think I want and pool loose thread around on the quilt top. By doing that you get an idea of what the finished quilting will look like. You will be surprised how well this works and takes the guess work out and this coming from someone who hates to frog.

Bonnie Botts

APQS Sales Rep - Certified Service Technician

APQS Millennium 2006---MJ

APQS Millennium 2004---Lucy

405-533-1025 home

518-935-3832 cell

"Absolute rules are about as useless in making quilts as they are in raising children" Carter Houck---1992

I do the same thing Bonnie. It's sometimes surprizing what a thread color will do. I'll even sometimes try out a few colors that I don't think will be the choice and sometimes they are just the one for that quilt or my customer will pull a few off my shelves as well.

JUST QUILTING

APQS SALES & SERVICE

Fil-Tec / Glide Distributor

Bonnie, Yes, I pool the thread on the quilt too. I"m in the middle of this quilt with the lighter thread and I am liking the results!! Thank you all again!!

Linda Gibbons

Cabin Creek Quilting

Hand guided