Sign in to follow this  
jmcclannan

New clamps

Some time ago one of you bright ladies posted that she replaced her clamps with OXO Goodgrips. I found them on sale and got 2 pair and today I cut my Lite grips off their straps and sewed on the OXO ones. I tried them out and they are awesome. I loved my litegrips but the sticky strips pulled away on them and finally wouldn't stay in place. These new clamps only cost $5 a pair. I love a good deal!

Amazon even have them in white for $5.99, so they will match colour of the new machines!

I have the elastic pinned through the hole in the end.

I don't usually clamp them tight on the frame, just let the orange pony clamps as a counter weight off the end of the table.

Lyn Crump   Hand Guided 2013 Millenium Blissed and Gliding    APQS Sales Rep SE Qld Australia   www.busyquilting.com.au   On Facebook and Instagram as BusyQuilting

Attitude is everything - So pick a good one!

Love my OXO clamps, we can thank Doodlebug for that tip!!

6CE1B7A7F42F008E71DFC4B5D4645266.png

2016 Blissed Millie!
"You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give".
Kahlil Gibran

Here is a link to them on Amazon: (you might have to copy and paste into your browser)

http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Red-Clips/dp/B0002YTG5Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328655803&sr=8-1

I considered them, but I love my featherlight clamps. I even tried Renee's red snapper clamps and I just don't like them either. In fact, I'll have those for sale, too, as soon as I can get stuff together to get it listed.

31aa6825bcf4092e5ea6a279f81d6ac8.png

Dorothy MillerAPQS Sales Representative

Crazy Horse Quilting

Sequim, WA

http://www.crazyhors...g.blogspot.com/

To Ride or Not to Ride...what a stupid question!!

I may be getting these instead of Renea's red snapper clamps. I just busted one tonite. I got on her site to leave her a message, and saw she's selling replacement clamps (not the bungee cord) just the plastic part, for $4. I really do love mine tho. It really keeps the WHOLE backing nice and even. I have a decision to make obviously! But, first, i'll head to Bed Bath & Beyond tomorrow to have a peek at those Jewels!!!!!

F55CA928B31BF9D50E35FB71F402EFB1.png Millennium/IntelliQuilter 402-450-8321 Designer of the 1/2" foot for Ult II's. 1sheributler@gmail.com

My Bed Bath & Beyond did not carry the large OXO clamps, so I had to order mine thru Amazon. For the price, I don't think you could go wrong!:)

6CE1B7A7F42F008E71DFC4B5D4645266.png

2016 Blissed Millie!
"You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give".
Kahlil Gibran

Those are pretty cool beans! What is the little black strip made of that is on the inside part where it clamps onto the fabric? How many inches long are they? I have Grip-Lite clamps from Quilter's Paradise. I really like them but I do need to replace the little black sandpaper-like strips and that's why I wonder what your strips are made of.

The strip inside is made with a rubbery type coating that is very grippy.

Lyn Crump   Hand Guided 2013 Millenium Blissed and Gliding    APQS Sales Rep SE Qld Australia   www.busyquilting.com.au   On Facebook and Instagram as BusyQuilting

Attitude is everything - So pick a good one!

do they weight the edges of the quilt down at all? I use no roll elastic and large safety pins as suggested by Dawn years ago. The lack of weight on the edges keep my quilts nice and flat without having to deal with cutain rods etc.

JUST QUILTING

APQS SALES & SERVICE

Fil-Tec / Glide Distributor

I bought the OXO clamps at BB&B after I saw the post a while back. They are really light weight and easy to use. I also like that they are wider then the ones that came with the table for the Millie.

3C27399AFFB6ECE6B16AD8A6F9968B61.png

Julie thanks for bringing this thread back up. Last time the thread came up I could not find them in the UK.

But now Amazon UK have them , also John Lewis

Here is the link for UK members that would like to try them

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxo-Good-Grips-Clips-Pack/dp/B0002YTG5Y/ref=sr_1_56?ie=UTF8&qid=1328722610&sr=8-56

Happy owner of my newly Blissed 09 Lenni, with new friend Intelliquilter ClasiQ

FCF5C84CD6D4F7A87DB5FBE50FDA5592.png

http://kathsquiltingdiary.blogspot.com/

wish I had read this before I bought Renea's red snapper clamps, I can not get them on my machine....I have successfully put one one one time --- but the other one is so tight I can barely get it open much less get it on the quilt and closed.

C5020C995E687C0D98C28C32DBCD1A0F.png

Kelly Summers

Prairie Sage Quilts

prairiesagequilts.com

Our BB and Beyond didn't have these so I purchased the same ones only smaller. They work too! I like that they have a magnet on the back and I can park them on the frame and they don't fall off. Those heavy things are in the closet!!!!!

Just Sew Simple Sylvia Blissett APQS Freedom '09 "Stitch" Circle Lord 2010 “"Until one has loved an animal, Part of their soul remains unawakened.”