Hey Everyone :)

I still need to add borders to this quilt (shown here before stitching the blocks together) and will be quilting it on Saturday... Was wondering what ideas you have for thread choice? quilting designs?

Thanks in advance for your help xxx

post--1346190810055_thumb.jpg

Lucy

Def SID the stars!

Dont know if feather's would show up or not with that busy print combination going on.

But...then again, if you used a DARKER thread, i'll bet they'd show up!!

How about a varigated thread with that orangish yellow and pink combo?

With stitching "baptist fans, but when you get to the starz..you stop stitching?!

F55CA928B31BF9D50E35FB71F402EFB1.png Millennium/IntelliQuilter 402-450-8321 Designer of the 1/2" foot for Ult II's. 1sheributler@gmail.com

Sometimes I lay out several threads next to eachother on the quilt to audition thread colorss. Don't be shy to try a completely "odd" color sometimes that is the best choice! :)

And I see a feather background fill around all of the stars.

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

i'd consider some Magna Glide threads for this sparkly top. They have some beautiful-to-die-for colors!

160F23ED8561B6544806FF497F1BE92B.png

Sylvia Smith
www.dancingbearquiltingstudio.blogspot.com
APQS Sales Rep
Max Millennium - with Quilt Path  ... just me and Max, dancing as we quilt!

dancingbear@dancingbearquiltingstudio.com

yep thats the one :) I had it on the frame, and have done a swirl with feather for the top and bottom borders, SID to outline stars and define the light/dark crosses, and added some "petals" inside the stars, then I took it off the frame to turn it to do the other two borders and will feather inside the crosses ... will post some in progress pics and then some completed ones when its done but it won't be on the frame again just yet as I have a quilt for my daughters 7th birthday to finish before Sunday as well as 7 doll quilts that will be party favors for the party :) it's all go here :)

Lucy