Sign in to follow this  
shirleyl

Accepting Credit Cards

After much debate, I started taking credit cards. In last months Self Magazine there was an article for a credit card reader that worked with your smart phone. You signed up and they sent you the reader for free, downloaded an app, then you plug in the little square reader. I tried it yesterday and it worked wonderful. No monthly or annual fee's, and only 2.75% of the purchase.

it is square.com, thought I would share for those wanting to take credit and debit cards, but not being able to justify the merchant fee's.

Shirley

thanks good to know I can accept them through paypal but that's a pain Don;t have a smart phone but I think that's in the near future

JUST QUILTING

APQS SALES & SERVICE

Fil-Tec / Glide Distributor

Love my Square. Also I use Paypal. So we have choices at my house.

Bonnie Botts

APQS Sales Rep - Certified Service Technician

APQS Millennium 2006---MJ

APQS Millennium 2004---Lucy

405-533-1025 home

518-935-3832 cell

"Absolute rules are about as useless in making quilts as they are in raising children" Carter Houck---1992

There is also another company called intuit or GoPayment that gives you the reader free. Works with the iphone, Same charges for the card, no monthly fee. The thing I like about it is there is phone number or customer service that you can call and talk to a real person. When I inquired about the Square up, it's only done online and there is NO phone number to call if you need to speak to someone. Unless they have changed, do you have a phone number for customer service?

Hitomi

http://originalsbyhitomi.com

APQS Millennium w/ Bliss and Intelliquilter

No phone number but their Internet service department is fast and very good. Had a bit of trouble getting it to talk to iPhone. Emailed and answer was back within minutes.

Bonnie Botts

APQS Sales Rep - Certified Service Technician

APQS Millennium 2006---MJ

APQS Millennium 2004---Lucy

405-533-1025 home

518-935-3832 cell

"Absolute rules are about as useless in making quilts as they are in raising children" Carter Houck---1992

Guest Linda S

I use PayPal, but I have to admit the Square has intrigued me. If I ever start selling at shows it would be really handy, and I do have a smartphone.