Blue jeans quilt help

I've been asked to do a blue jeans quilt and was sure that I saved all the posts about this to my favorites, but I can't find them. I know Dave and Jane had some good posts, I think the little elves that steal dryer socks came and invaded my favorites!

The gal is just going to bring me the jeans(from a 5 yr. old) yes, these will be small blocks, I'm curious about batting, backing, thread and needle size. Thanks so much for your help..........Tammy

Hi Tammy,

I have quilted demin before, I even did a star and swirl panto on one. Quilted up beauifully, just go slowly and take your time. I did use a bigger needle (4.5) and raised the foot a little so it would glide over the seams. They have all had batting, such as warm and natural, cotton backing and a cotton thread. Do it and just have fun.

I do a lot of denim quilts and the most important thing I could say is to press your seams all open. I have used thick and thin batting, I don't do anything differently than on any other quilt. I have used freehand and pantos.

Here is a link to a post I did about a denim quilt if you are interested.

http://bunkhousequilts.blogspot.com/2011/05/happy-camper-denim-quilt.html

I reverse the right and wrong side of the denim to get different colors of blue.

<a  href=2610083420029409929S500x500Q85.jpg' alt=

Here is one I did not to long ago my first. A lady brought me this because she couldn't tie it and wanted it quilted somehow. I decided to just stright stitch inside the squares. I told her they might not all be very square because of the seams and belt loops but she was okay with that. Will try to post several pictures.

post--13461908104811_thumb.jpg

Archived