stitch regulator just stops

Terri C.

I was working on a panto and within a 45 minute time span my stitch regulator just stopped working, as if I hit a button. The first time it happened I thought I might have hit a button by mistake but then it happened again. The machine itself stays on the stitch regulator just stops, I just have to hit the green and blue buttons and it comes right back on. I've the millie, any ideas?

Thanks for any input.

Terri

Originally posted by quilted charm

I'll be interested to hear responses to this question as I have had the same thing happen. I too, thought well maybe I hit a button on accident, but I don't think so, not that many times. I don't have the MM wheels, I have bliss system.

Leslie, you should call APQS too, to verify that the clip will alleviate your problem, too.

Hi Terri,

We'll be happy to send you the grounding clips. However, machines older than 2008 typically don't have a problem with the M&M wheels due to a different circuit board configuration.

With that said, other grounding procedures help reduce the chance that static of any sort is causing the problem. Check to see if you have small washers on the rear handle mounting screws that have little teeth on them. These washers ground the handles and prevent static from shutting the machine off. In addition, if you remove the four black knobs on the front of the machine that hold your front handle assembly in place, you'll see the two allen-wrench-type screws that hold the back of the mounting bracket to the machine. One of those screws should also have one of those "star" washers on it to ground the front handles.

Your regulator may be stopping for other reasons as well. One of the handles or mushroom heads could have a problem. In addition, one of the cables connecting the encoders to the machine may have a problem. To eliminate one of the handle mushroom switches as the culprit to see if it is sending an errant signal, try unplugging the front handles first, and then continuing with quilting on the back of the machine (or simply take the needle out and try moving all over the quilt for a while to see if you can get the regulator to shut off.

If it works fine, that tells us one of the front mushroom handles is malfunctioning. If it still stops with the front handles disconnected, then it could mean one of the back handles has the problem. Try plugging the front handles back in, then disconnecting the two back handles and trying the same test again. If you can keep quilting with the front handles and the machine doesn't shut off, then that isolates one of the rear handles as the culprit.

Feel free to call us tomorrow and we'll work with you to solve the problem!

Dawn,

Iv'e only had time to check for the washers. I've checked both places and niether one has a washer, are these washers ones we can pick up at a hardware store, if yes, what would we look for as far as the size and type (brass, metal, ect.)? Concerns me that you say they should be there and the're not. :(

Archived