Birthday blocks

quiltcrazy1

I know what you mean. That's why I haven't signed up either. I think I'm going to say to make as many as you would like returned. For example; if you wish to receive 24 blocks make 24 for others. They will in return send you a block individually in exchange for the block you have sent. I will add this to the list of guidelines.

Thanks for asking, and welcome to APQS and our site!

Hay Cheryl::)

I think that there maybe a problem with that idea...................

You may make up 24 blocks, & send them out to 24 people, but what if 60 people send you a block, & you must send them all one back in return. If you see what I mean.:) or what if people send you blocks that you didn't send to in the first place,

I can see how this may get out of hand..........don't mean to be a worry wort.

OH....:)..... & did you say that the block size & design are up to the "SENDER" not the reciver........that could also be tricky, then everyone will land up with a "sampler" type of quilt-top, simaler to the one you made for your friend.

I'm good with that, but I'm not sure everyone understands it.........maybe I have it wrong,........very possible.

Is it possible to post one "Thread" with just the "Guide Lines" for the Birthday blocks, so people wouldn't have to search through the more than 3 or 4 posts that are already running.

Still thinking of this as a great Idea, just a bit conserned that it may not work out for everyone................:(

Yes, I see what you mean. We had talked on our original post about posting when you've received enough blocks to avoid this. I can add this to the guidelines. Good job! Please keep pointing out any faults in the system. We are a work in progress!

To keep it simple the size is the choice of the recipient. The block design is the choice of the maker. Some of us may be more comfortable with certain patterns or piecing. This will also increase your block receivals.

You should not have to go through many threads to find the guidelines. They have they're own Topic and are at the beginning of every month's post. If you simply find your birthday month by going to:

APQS QUILTING FORUMS

then;

BIRTHDAY BLOCK EXCHANGE

Then; you can click your birthday month. The guidelines are the very first post of EVERY month.

I don't see how it could be any simpler. Maybe I'm confused? There have been a couple of threads started with questions. Maybe this is what you are talking about?

Somewhere previously there was mention of a cut-off day for joining in, wasn't there? If the list gets capped soon, then it seems like most months don't go over 10 people. If it stays that small, then it all seems quite do-able. Also, if it stays at under 10 people per month, then there shouldn't be a need for people to just pick some people to send to. I don't know if what I'm saying is making sense?? I hope so!

Although, this also means a possibility of receiving 120 blocks if there are 10 per month for 12 months!!! WOW!! Maybe it's worth thinking of requesting small blocks and, there you have it...the Dear Jane quilt that I probably would never do on my own!!! haha ....

Can't wait to get started, (but of course I'm January so I have reason to be excited!!!) and can't wait to see all the beautiful fabrics from all over.

Sandra

Hi Sandra,

I don't remember a cut off day. Myself, I do not feel comfortable doing that, wouldn't want to exclude anyone. I think it would be nice for anyone one to join any time. Am I correct in thinking this? I trust that Vicki, Judi or Debbi will start a topic under our Birthday Block Exchange for blocks needed/not needed. As long as we communicate it should work well enough. When it gets fuller and we can justify making blocks for our own month that will be great. If it gets even fuller we can narrow it down to bi-monthly and then weekly as necessary. Does this sound okay?

Archived