Lime Squeeze-finale!

As promised here is a picture of the final quilting. As always intended, I wish to thank Ronda Kae Beyer and Jill Kroll for giving me the opportunity to be one of the first to piece this pattern from the famous quilt It Aint Easy Being Green. I hope the pattern is available soon so you can enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine!

I have placed more pictures of the finished quilt in my Webshots album if you care to see more detail.

Sherry: You just keep reminding me why you're my hero! That is one beautiful quilt. I really do need that quilt. This is my new breakfast room . . I think that would would be an amazing addition to any wall in this room! What do you think, Sherry? ;)

Wow!!! is all I can say!

Ok, maybe not all. I can't seem to shut up for long periods of time, ask my DH. But that is amazing!! I feel good when I get a swirl to look round.

I think JudyL has an excellent point. Those colors match her room perfectly and the pattern just fits the decor. A housewarming gift seems to be in order! lol

Sherry,

I think you squeezed about all the drops that you could from that lime...and as a result, it is absolutely beautiful. I'm sure that your rendition of this quilt will only make Ronda and Jill's pattern more popular and will sell more patterns, too. Everyone wins with this! Yaaay! I love happy endings. :)

Warmest regards,

Shana

I love the journey through your webshots - it's really shows just how much of a difference the quilting can make when you get to see a photo of the top unquilted at the outset! These are my favorite kinds of quilts - those with lots of visual appeal in the piecing, but that are brought to life by the marriage of that piecing with amazing, well thought out quilting.

Thanks so much for sharing, Sherry.

Lisa

Love, love, LOVE that quilt and your quilting enhances it perfectly. I think I'm going to have to make that quilt for my stepdaughter who is graduating HS this coming year. I promised her a quilt and when she showed me the colors that she wanted me to use (very BRIGHT, almost neon) I went pale for lack of ideas. Thanks for the inspiration!

Cathie

Amazingly gorgeous!!! Aside from the stunning feathers and the basket weave, I love the effect of the (looks like 1/4") lines. It is a wonderful balance to the rest of the quilting and sooo effective!

THis is one of those quilts you could stare at for a long while and not get tired!! Thanks for the inspiration, Sherry!!

Sara

Sherry, your quilting is so amazing! As I was going thru your webshots I was wishing that you'd made a video of it while stitching each segment. There's so many of us newbies that don't have a clue as to how to do what you've done with this quilt. I for one would have bought the video. :)

Now, how many daughters do you have and which one gets this beauty? :D

.....pick me, pick me, pick me!!!!!

Rita

Sherry,

The final product is absolutely stunning!! I can only hope to make feathers like that someday. I really like the basket weave and I have plans to use it in a wholecloth quilt I have in progress, but on a smaller scale. I think I might have to mark it by hand unless I can find a template small enough.

Is it ok to print a picture of your quilt to put into my "inspiration box"?

Have you ever considered a class in quilting designs? Every quilt of yours that I look at just sings and I would love to learn more about how you choose your quilting designs.

Again, fabulous quilting and fabulous quilt!!

Debbi

HI Girls, THANK YOU!!!

Hope you don't mind another group thank you and combination reply!

Judy L....if my quilt moved in, you have to keep me as well and I don't think my groom would approve!

Shana...I agree, I pretty much squeezed ever drop of lime outa that. Perhaps my next will have to be lemons or oranges or tomatoes!

Kathy...repetition? I repeat, repetition? Sometimes it just has to be done and once you start there is no going back!

Sandra, The basketweave is a stencil. I got mine at www.stensource.com

Rita, trust me, the video would have been VERY long and very boring! Once I did try to take a video on my phone and gave up when I realized after about 2 seconds that there was no way I could hold the phone in my mouth and quilt at the same time! BTW, I have 2 daughters but I am not sure lime is there favorite color.

Debbie, of course you can, I would be honored!

Cucumber....I have one to go and a stack of stuff for me!

Sherry,

I just wanted to add my Wow's and Woohoo's to everybody else's but first I had to wait for the drool to dry up in my keyboard!:P Your work is so amazing.

I think that the best part of you, though, is your willingness to share your ideas and to help others anytime that you can. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for that. You are one terrific lady. Sign me up for your fanclub!:cool:

Sherry,

Now that I've picked my jaw up off the floor and changed my clothes to get rid of the drool, I must say that is some of the most beautiful quilting I've ever seen! It is just gorgeous!

I have just got to take some classes from you. For a class with you, I think I'd even be willing to take a plane ride again and thats saying a lot. Will you be at MQS this summer? Or maybe teaching somewhere in Oklahoma, Northern Texas, Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri, or even Minneapolis?

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Phyllis Hughes

Oklahoma City

www.myheartlandquilts.com

Archived