Thanks for prayers

Hi ladies and men,

This is what I found out when I asked for prayers.

I saw the spine and scoliosis Surgeon on Tues. They aren't going to do anything. Said the neck would be totally rigid if they would Have to do the surgery. They wanted me to go into a stiff brace that would hold my head rigid but not eliminate the pain. I opted for No brace and be able to continue to move my head, with pain. Eventually, if I live long enough, the neck will stiffen into one place, by arthritis, which is also heavy in the lumbar, sciatica area.

Now we are headed to what is needed for the lumbar area. I think I know that the answer will be "no". He made and emphasised that copd did NOT make me a likely subject for surgery.

Well, if they didn't want to do the neck thru the front, letting me lay on my back, how in heck can I expect to get a positive answer for the low back, having to lay on my stomach for the surgery and even longer to remove the neurostimulator?? I just won't expect anything, then if it happens I won't be as upset.

Meanwhile the neurostimulator implant in the spine, has wires that came loose from the programmer, and I can't use it. I don't want them to reinstall or repair. I just want it out, as I'm doing better now, than while I was using it. I know I'm a lot better than before it was implanted. Without it I can get the MRI's the Dr.s want of the spine. With it in an MRI would fry me from the inside out, or so I am told.

So, thank you again, for so many prayers. I think this just wasn't what Our Lord wanted for me. He will have something better.

Appreciating you,

Rita R

Rita. If your problem is disc in the neck. I had 2 hyrniated discs C4-5 C5-6 and I had an AWSOME dr. here who went in from the front and used part of my hip bone to replace those 2 discs in my neck. Healing was FAST. 3 months in a neck brace is all. I've had NO pain in my neck since then!

It does limit your range of motion, but I can still turn my neck left to right, just not as far! I can't bend my neck down all the way to my chest like I used to, but...WHO CARES! LOL!

Dont know the specifics of your health, but maybe a 2nd opinion would be in order!

Keep the faith Rita, the right answers will come. Maybe this wasnt meant to be the procedure that you needed. Prayers continue for you. Do you take gelatin suppliments for the arthritis, I just started will let you know if it helps or not. I hear that it helps to rebuild the lost cologen in the joints, who knows?

HEY SheriB,

I just may head your way. LoL If you can be fixed and only have some limit to motion, it might be an idea to at least be evaluated by your Dr. Did you also have arthritis and bone deterioration?

He would be my second opinion.

Will you send me an email?? Can't get the u2u sent.

Rita,

So sorry you had such disappointing news from the medical team. If God's answer to our prayers was not to provide you with healing and relief from pain, perhaps his answer will come in the form of moral and spiritual support knowing you have friends here who care about you, who will not let your spirits get down even with that bad news, and will help you find strength to cope with whatever the outcome is. We will continue to keep you and Roland in our prayers!

Guest Linda S

Rita - try seeing a doctor at a research university hospital. I had three badly ruptured discs L3/L4, L4/L5, and L5/S1, and no one in Eugene would do a three-level fusion. I could barely walk and, when I did walk, it was with a cane and with a lot of little screams as the jolts of pain came. I had to go two hours away to Portland, but I found a wonderful surgeon. I won't kid you, the surgery was brutal and the recover was not fun, but I can finally walk like myself and I can move without much pain at all, just some stiffness. If I had listened to all the doctors in Eugene, I'd still be in a world of hurt.

Yesk, with tears of blessing you are to me, I once again have to just say "thank you". After a couple days to settle down, I'm doing considerably better.

Linda S, did you by chance see Dr. Baker, head of the spinal surgery clinic? This was several years ago.. I didn't let him touch me after he suggested I have the tendons reattached in the ankle. We understood he would be doing the surgery but found out it was a surgery student ( I pity her patients), from the school of Hell taught by Satan.

Every thing I tried to ask, or say, or to clarify, she made it clear she thought I was a complainer and --- a bitch to Himself. I was so afraid he'd let another student MD take over and screw something up.

I just wasn't strong enough at that time to demand only he would touch my back, if I had the surgery. Now I kow better.

I did hear a lot of good about him and the success he's had.

So glad it worked out for you.. Very Glad. ]

RitaR

Guest Linda S

Actually, I had Dr. Hart. He was really good. I know they had a student close my abdominal incision, and he didn't do a really bang-up job of it, but I'm alive. I don't remember there being a Dr. Baker there. Perhaps he's moved on.

Hi Rita,

I had a neck fusion done awhile a go. IT WAS GREAT. Fast healing time, I used a bone donor instead of my hip. I was out of neck brace in 6 weeks and back to work. Please go get a second opinon. I had a wonderful surgeron in the Portland area. He does teach at OSHU, but I used him in his private practice. He was recommended by lots of people.

Good luck and I would hope you get some relief soon.

Archived