Machine stops

I am quilting a t-shirt quilt. My machine runs beautifully then all of a sudden it just stops. At first I thought maybe I had hit one of the buttons on the handle. When it happened again I knew that I hadn't. I will be quilting along and it just stops. I push the button and it starts right up again. I am using the stitch regulator. The quilt isn't heavy. She has fused the backs of the t-shirts, poly batting and flannel backing. Does anyone have a solution to my problem? Thanks so much. Janice

Does it seem to happen when you are working closer to your body and from the front? I was having a bit of an issue with that some time ago. I had purchased another used machine and it only happened on this one...hmmm...I had a curtain rod on my original machine to lift the side clamps but the used machine came with wooden dowels to hold up the clamps. These dowels are long enough to actually push the buttons on the back handles:o As I would bring the machine closer to me (when working from the front) it also brought the handles closer to the "stick". I have since shortened the sticks!! Fixed the problem.

My machine has done that in the past. Stitching along great, then suddenly, it stops. At this point I have replaced both the Mother & Daughter boards and that helped (or at least I thought it did) but then when I started using the machine a lot, I found it happening again. I have a 2005 Liberty.

The only thing I have noticed is that some of the conditions under which it happens is when I have been quilting for many hours (like all day) and sometimes the weather is very dry. (Don't know why that would matter but hey, I was grasping at straws)

Have not had that happen in a long time, but I also haven't been running it practically non-stop either lately.

For what that's worth...

• 1 year later...

Janice, Send me your email address. I also have some documents that may help you, including checking your motor brushes and a few other things that may be the culprit. We will get it figured out!

Dawn, 

I'm having the same problems as Janice with my machine stopping.  It will start right back up, but it is frustrating to be quilting along and have it just stop.  Can you send me those same documents?  

Thanks,

Kathy Tattershall

Kathy,

Can you send me what machine you have and its age, along with what table type and wheel type? That will help me send the correct information to you. If your wheels are black and look like plastic, then you have  M & M wheels. If they are brown or black and look more like a "hardboard" finish then they are Ralmark wheels.

• 1 year later...

Hi Ladies,

I'm having the same problems again.  We changed some boards last time and still had the problems...just not as frequent.  My husband was concerned that the humidity or lack of humidity. in the room might be causing some of the problems.  We purchased a humidfier and that seemed to make the machine behave a little bit better.  Now, I'm having the same problem, except the machine will only run for about 2 seconds before stopping the stitching.  This happens in both manual and SR mode.  I just want to get this fixed once and for all.  It's so frustrating!  Especially when you have quilts waiting to be quilted.  Anyone have any other ideas???

BTW...I have a Millennium with Bliss rails.

Kathy

Archived