Need to share a room

Anyone planning to attend the MQX show in Portland? I would like to attend again if I can split a room with someone. Last year, I got a room directly across the street from Convention Center and I paid just $60 a night. Very convenient hotel. Anyone want to attend and share a room?

We'll have a blast and learn tons of stuff. And there are great vendors to shop.

I already booked the room. It's at the Inn of the Convention Center. It's not a fancy hotel but it was directly across the street and so convenient. The price this year is $72.00 a night. I booled from Wednesday to Sunday check out. Anyone want to share a room? We can split it.

Guest Linda S

Hitomi - Ellen and I are staying at LaQuinta, which is also across the street from the Convention Center. You can bunk with us if you don't mind sharing with more than one. I think our rate is about $110, but by the time you split it three ways, it's really cheap. Also, I don't mind showering in the afternoon so as to decrease traffic in the bathroom in the morning! If you don't find someone to share with, let me know.

Ok ya'll...I need some advice. I would really like to go to the Houston show, but I have wondered which one to go to, cause I don't think I could manage to go to two at this point in time. I would appreciate some feedback on which shows ya'll like the best and why.

Guest Linda S

Actually, Donna - Ellen sleeps in a reclining chair she brings with her (she has apnea and is more comfortable that way), so we'd have an extra bed. You're more than welcome - it would save us all money.

Linda

Beverly,

I live in Houston, great show. I usually take several 2 days off and go Thursday - Sunday.

The market is early that week. If you have a sales tax number you can get into the market as well. Maybe I could go as a buyer under you name, then I could take the whole week off. There are great opportunities at the market, I have several friends here in Houston that go. I live about 20 miles, direct free way and get a parking spot across the street $10 parking a day. It takes about 30 mins to drive. We have great resturants and I have lived here 20+ years so I know all the goods spots.

I have a guest room/wing in my home with a queen bed and private bath; and a large living room which can set up few single/queen air mattress (shared bath). I would be willing to open my house to (2-3)non smokers; email me if you might be interested.

I hope to go to the Kansas next year. If anyone is interest in sharing a room there, let me know.

The hotel was directly across the street from the convetion center, there was no restuarant in the hotel but we ate out at nights anyway. There were clean towels every day and for the price I paid, I would stay there again. We were gone all day for classes and at night we went out to eat. We only got back to the hotel when we slept so I liked the convenience of being directly across the street. I didn't mind walking alone to the classes (it was across the street). If you're looking for a fancy hotel, it's not for you. If you're looking for a place to sleep and bathe for a good price, it's for you. I would definitely stay there again.

I didn't notice any smell. Catherine stayed with me, maybe she can get her input too. I really didn't mind the place. I know it was the cheapest place compared to others I spoke with. Cory stayed at a nice hotel and paid over twice as much as I did, but it was 2 blocks from the Center. I thought for the price I paid, I got clean towels and my room was made up everyday, they had a laundry room (so I could wash my clothes before going on to Vegas) but most of all, it was directly across the street from the Convention Center. You could see it from our window. Like I said, I WOULD stay there again. I'd rather save the buck than have the fancy.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked the room already from wednesday to Check out Sunday. I am waiting to see the flights to be sure I am going to attend. I'll keep you posted. If for sure I am going, I would love to share the room with you. It's very conveniently acrss the street.

We stayed at this hotel last year for MQX, and it was fine. The room was clean, comfortable and roomy enough for two. The elevator floor rug needed a cleaning, and that put me off at first, but the room wasn't grungy at all. We didn't smell anything at all, and the location was perfect since it drizzled much of the time we were there. We've reserved for this year. (Actually, Hitomi, we were in the same elevator one night. I wished later I had introduced myself, but I was tired and longing for bed).

P.S. We're equally at home in a Sheraton, Crowne Plaza, Delta or Fairmount -- not hotel snobs!)

Archived