I do custom machine embroidery quilt labels.

3 cents per letter.

White, or tone on tone or solid color fabrics.

Fabric/stabilizing has a base charge of $5.00 plus the lettering.

Custom embroidery framing around lettering is additional depending on the design. Approx. an additional $3.00 to $5.00 per label.

If I do fabric printer labels, it is approx. the same price. Their is the cost of materials to use my Epson printer, preparing the fabric, ink, etc.

Personally, there is not much profit--- if any, making labels on the embroidery machine or via the printer---Time setting up the fonts, spell checking, framing, hooping, stabilizer, thread changes, removing stabilizers, pressing and etc---Almost the same sequence of set up on the printer. This all takes time. Sometimes up to an hour or more----Unless you have a template all set up and drop in the clients information and it works. This is rarely the case. So, be prepared that doing this as more of a "generous perk" for your clients, and you will just barely be covering the cost of supplies. Nothing more unless you increase your prices, and I don't know of clients in my area that will pay $25.00 on up for a custom quilt label. Just saying-----

Hope this helps

Archived