New Millie vs used Millie

I am considering a long arm machine. The new Millennium sells for $17,400. There are several used machines listed in this forum in the 2004 to 2006 vintage that are priced considerably less. My question is what is the difference between the used machines and the new ones as far as manufacturing differences? Do they have any technical differences that would justify buying the new machine? Is a 2006 Millennium the same machine as the 2012?

There are a few changes in the newer models depending on how old the used one is. I would be happy to explain them to you if you want to give me a call.

But a few newer changes are and we have added a new model Lucey.

Quilt glide

Table Blissed or not

Lights

color

Wheels

power switch moved

When I bought my Mille back at the end of 2009 I got a certified used one direct from the company ( a 2005 model )at considerably less than a new one. I did upgrade to M and M wheels since then and would love to get all the extra features that the newer ones have but the budget doesn't allow it. However, if I did get another one I would try for the ones before they changed the color to all white for the machine and table - sorry just don't like it!

You need to get what you can afford and I haven't had any problems at all with mine and love it. But get the largest you can afford - you won't be sorry!

I purchased a 2008 machine used as a demo and have loved it...it does not have the quilt glide or the bliss and I only have Edgerider wheels on it but it works like a workhorse and I love it! I only wish it had the on/off switch up near the front but I understand that the newer ones do?

Sometimes members are selling their newer models because of illness or moving. Look at the topic on used machines and you may find a newer one for a good price. Another option would be to buy a used Ultimate 1 and then spend your money on the compuquilter, or another computer program. You can program the designs and have the best of both worlds.

Yes, the Ultimate 1 is an older machine. No longer being made...however parts are available for them.

I purchased a Green Millennium direct form APQS over 3 years ago...would do it again. Wonderful machine.

I also purchased a used Liberty from a private party. I had several questions before buying the Liberty...spoke to Myrna (APQS Rep) and Mark at the factory...knew I was getting a great deal...and was told if I ever had troubles with it...parts were readily available as was service help if required. It is wonderful. I stand by my APQS machines! They are built right and customer service can't be beat!

• 1 month later...

Yes, I agree with Kristina. I have an Ultimate I & a Millennium. The UI is a 2001 with a Compuquilter hooked up to it & the Milli is for freeform quilting. Their all wonderful machines. I've had 7 machines in all, Nolting, Ken Quilt, Gammill, & still I have picked the APQS system for myself. Bar none & hands down the best. zeke.............

• 1 year later...

I purchased a 2008 machine used as a demo and have loved it...it does not have the quilt glide or the bliss and I only have Edgerider wheels on it but it works like a workhorse and I love it! I only wish it had the on/off switch up near the front but I understand that the newer ones do?

Where is the on/off switch located? I thought it was on the handles.

Allison

Vicki is referring to the main power switch. On the old Ultimate machine it was on the left side in the center, easily accessible from the front or rear. With the introduction of the stitch regulated machines it was moved to the lower rear (panto side), if you are short you would have to walk around to turn the switch on at the beginning of the day. In the last couple of years (when the led lights started I think) the switch is back at the left side middle of the machine.

The start stop switches have always been in the front and rear handles.

Hope this helps

Nigel

Allison

Vicki is referring to the main power switch. On the old Ultimate machine it was on the left side in the center, easily accessible from the front or rear. With the introduction of the stitch regulated machines it was moved to the lower rear (panto side), if you are short you would have to walk around to turn the switch on at the beginning of the day. In the last couple of years (when the led lights started I think) the switch is back at the left side middle of the machine.

The start stop switches have always been in the front and rear handles.

Hope this helps

Nigel

Thank you Nigel. I'd prefer it in the middle. I guess when I get my new used machine it'll be a surprise. :D

Archived