Just a word of warning.....

Just wanted to let you all know....Please keep an eye on your credit card statements and make sure that they are all yours and also keep your computers updated on the spyware and the norton antivirus..... In the last three days I have found that my main computer that we get on the internet with had been infected with spyware ( I had Norton Antivirus but did not have the spyware) In the meantime trying to get that all straightened out I get a call from my Credit Card Company stating that someone had tried to use my credit card number and send two different transactions at Western Union. So It happens!!! I can attest to that! Especially at this time of the year when so many transactions are done with credit cards.

This happened to a girl I work with just yesterday. Her bank was showing about 9 transactions done on her visa debit card the came thru some YaHoo site. Only about 180.00, but it was 9.95 at a time plus all the overdraft fees. She's just glad that her rent cleared first and that it didn't leave much in that account before the overdrafts caused the girl at the bank to call her! Now she has to convince them that this isn't some online shopping she did!

Happened to me a month ago, and called Western Union to ask who did this..I had only made one transaction on the internet thru Sam's Club. They told me that their site was safe..but that was the only time I had used my card number. Luck have it the following monday was a holiday and had time to get to the bank first thing Tues. In the meantime Western Union put a hault to any of my money being taken. I had my credit/debit card destroyed at the bank and they issued me a new one. They were about to take all but $.50 out of my account. I was to informed to call my local Police station. They have hackers in the Police Dept that are trying to find out who did this to me and they will put them in jail.

Someone hacked into my ebay account and changed my password so I could not access it. Fortunatley, it did not affect my paypal account and I was not left any bad feedback. I wonder what they were up to. I had gotten questions about something I was selling but didn't have a sales acct. so I didn't answer the msgs because I thought it was bogus. I was told someone was recording my keystrokes and that's how it happened. Scared me!!

If you get bogus emails regarding paypal or ebay transactions DO NOT respond to them. Instead forward them to spoof@paypal.com and spoof@ebay.com. You'll get an automated report back with a tracking number. It won't stop more negative mail from coming in, but at least you'll be on record as having notified these companies about the situation.

This has been going on with me for about a year now. Someone is using one of my email accounts for their ebay transactions. I think they got in with my email after I used the computer at the library and probably didn't completely logout. So far they haven't actually stolen any $$ from me but it is very annoying.

Good luck!

My step son was selling something on Craigslist.com and received an email from pay pal stating the funds had been received. So he went into his "real" pay pal account and there were no funds. If he had not checked he would have mailed the computer or whatever to the person - for free!!

Archived