Isacord thread

MarieBrewer

I use Isacord thread as well, learned about it at a quilting retreat in a class taught by Jamie Wallen. He said it was his favorite thread, so I gave it a try and love it, too. If it is good enough for an award winning quilter, national teacher and author, it is good enough for me! I haven't had any problems with it and love that little bit of shine it has as well. An added bonus is that it is very reasonably priced and there are different colors on sale each month! Happy quilting to everyone.:D

P.S. The website is at threadetc.com from there just click on the Navigation arrow on the left and choose Isacord thread. You do not have to have a business or fill out the part about the machine you have to order the thread. ;)

Pictures PLEASE Marie:

& Jjsmom, your so right:

I had the pleasure of taking a class from Jamie at Innovations last Sept, he was wonderful, I loved what he did with the LA. He likes "Gliz & Shine" & his dragon flies are gorgous, his Feathers are just beautiful, & I want all his books/dvd's for christmas...

I've been a closet Isacord users for years....I digitize embroidery, and fell in love with the way it quilts, but I use it on only my own stuff, because customers would rather have 100% cotton and not the shiny poly. Isacord was originally created to be a machine embroidery thread....but it does make great quilts as well.

I haven't had the pleasure of having classes from Jamie so I wasn't aware of someone so famous using it....now I will bring all my threads from under the embroidery machine to be used in both places. Thanks.....now I get to come out of the closet. :D

I discovered Isacord about a year ago when I was looking for a good quality thread at reasonable price, readily available in Germany, where I run my business.

I really love to use it, as well on my quilts as on customers'. It quilts beautifully, the sheen gives the special something to many quilts, and most customers I had didn't really care about cotton thread.

Isacord comes on cones, but the same thread is also sold on spools (800m, ?870yds), and in Europe the brand name is then Polysheen. Both brand names come in about 350 colors, and Polysheen gives you 30 mostly very beautiful variegated colors, whereas Isacord has only 12 of them.

The only down side I know of - it is very tedious to undo stitching that's done with Isacord or any other shiny trilobal polyester (like Aurilux or Rainbows), you have to be much more careful than with cotton thread.

Well then, wish you good luck with this thread and happy quilting!

Marie-Christine

Archived