Sign in to follow this  
NanaFuller

Next decision: what size frame 10 or 12

can you easily quilt a king size quilt? I can fit a 10 or 12 ft frame in my studio, but would prefer the 10 if you can't quilt a king easily. Thanks for the help....

Ann Marie Fuller

New to longarm quilting!

2011 Blissed Lenni

The widest I can load on my 12' frame is 118". This leaves only enough room to park the machine partially on the quilt top. You will need at least a 12' frame if you want to do king size quilts. You probably will never regret getting a longer frame, but you will regret the 10' if you have to turn away customers.

Linda Rech

Finely Finished Quilts

Millennium on Bliss rails--hand-guided

http://www.topperquilttools.com

My table is 14' and I love it. I was advised to get the largest I could. I'm very lucky that my studio is 14' by 39'!

So go for the 12' table you will never regret it!

Dell 2016 Millie Frannie Ann Jr. with Bliss & she is Quiltaziod and Circle Lord Equipped with lots of Quilting Toys and now has Quilt Path!

Guest Linda S

Go for the 12'. I have a 14' table and I've had many quilts that have taxed the entire limit. I've never regretted the larger table.

10 ft is definately too small if you want a kings size quilt done on it. I have pushed my 10 ft frame to 106 wide, and I mean that was really pushing it. the leaders on a 10 ft frame are 108 inches so I only had one inch on each end barely enough room to even park the head. 12 foot at least would be my suggestion to you.

If you feel that you don't want to go with the 12 foot table, go for 11 ft instead. I wouldn't go 10 ft though. I have a 10 1/2 foot table and can barely do 108 in top. Wish I could accommodate 11 feet.

172E5699814AA0BAD1AC9516853F905D.png

Susan

Suzy Q's Quilting

Millennium

Go for the 12". You will not regret it. I have the 12" and only wished I had room for the 14". Oh well, not rebuilding for the quilt machine! :D

232E8BCFC7DA6532DF1F766AFC1B76DA.png

Sewmazing Grace

Edge to edge quilting for all of your love quilts!

2011 Millennium - Circle Lord enhanced!