NRQ ruffles don't have ridges! wedding dress

Here is the wedding dress my sister and I have been making for my youngest daughter, the wedding will be late July. I am so glad that my sister loves to sew and is educated as a Home Ec teacher and understands draping of fabric!!! We had no pattern, just pictures and an idea. I made a muslin base dress with princess seam lines, then we started to drape and pleat fabric pieces to get the look we wanted. Elise really did most of it. She was gracious enough to take a couple of my suggestions/questions! Guess I knew a touch more than I knew that I knew. We got the basic dress all together in a middle of the week weekend. Then she left me with the process of figuring out how to make the ruffles so they worked the way we wanted them--Thanks, Elise! This week we worked again, and figured the ruffles, cut them in a spiral and hem the outside edge and sew the inside edge down the dress in a straight line. It is almost finished now. Just a couple more ruffles and the hand stitching, hem, ect.

Just for teasers, here are the shoes!

post--13461908318149_thumb.jpg

Hi Madelyn, you two have done a beautiful job at making that gown for a beautiful bride to be!!

She will glow and feel very special, which she is.

The dress and shoes seem to fit her perfectly, and the colors of flowers and the feathers on them are so pretty.

Terrific job.

God Bless the new couple to-be and the families who love them so much!!

RitaA

Archived