Sign in to follow this  
Neher-in-law5

NRQ ruffles don't have ridges! wedding dress

Absolutely Beautiful!! I love the ruffles!! I made my daughter's wedding dress too, but she doesn't like foo-foo!! :( But it was very pretty too!

B3FC2919DC089FF0E59CD167809B91DF.png

Linda Gibbons

Cabin Creek Quilting

APQS Freddie (aka, Gracie ll)

Hand guided

Thanks, all.

Linda, the other three girls didn't ask for all the froo-froo either. The first one I talked into having some lace applied, she didn't really care about the "fashion". The second wanted mostly plain, she did have me put 28 embroidered motifs around the hem, they looked great. The third one had a simple lace layered dress. At least I got to use a pattern for the others!

Marilyn, I'd like to get to your sew ins, but they keep being on Sabbath day. I'll keep working on it.

5F4695C433F08F453B8C5F9813B2BCC7.png

Stunning dress - and a beautiful fit!! Your daughter will feel like the most beautiful bride on earth when she walks down the aisle all because of her mom and aunt! I, too, have four daughters, and our youngest was married in my dress. We did some major alterations to the design of the dress to make it "her", and it turned out wonderful and she was so happy.

Great job, Madelyn!

A865FFE96B99D13D2E3C09AF2B8376EA.png
2009 Freedom, and a 1989 Ulti I w/Intellistitch

Beautiful dress and beautiful bride-to-be. Congratulations to all! You and your sister did an outstanding job on that dress. I love how the ruffles cascade down the dress...almost like a waterfall. Just gorgeous!

85933DD4C23858F307C765653E2B753E.png2010 Lenni ~ Life is a journey...enjoy the ride!

Outstanding!! Those ruffles are breathtaking! Make sure she has a wrist loop on the train for dancing, my nephew just got married last weekend and there was no loop on the brides gown< she had to hold her skirt through all the dances.

7CB1BF7B399CF481C4AED78FE8002A31.png

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Welcome back Kenna,

Thanks for thinking of the loop, but we plan to bustle the dress by swinging the whole train to the side in a swag so the ruffles are brought partway around the back. We should be able to do it with one button/loop and not be a drag on her. The veil will be a long one that is lightly snapped at the train hem so it stays in place and will be swagged with the train or just removed if she wants that, again without a lot of messing around.

Thanks for the enjoyment from each of you. It is so nice to have others that I can share some of these things with.

I bustled my train up the back by 4 simple buttons. worked like a charm. i agree to not have the train be a burden on the bride. sounds like you have it all figured out.

Kristina at website http://withakquilting.blogspot.com/ and personal blog http://froggybottomquilting.blogspot.com/

Hoppily quilting along with FROGGER - my Green Millennium, and TOAD - my Liberty. Quiltazoid equipped too!

Absolutely beautiful dress & daughter!!!

I can say from experience of making several wedding dresses myself that you girls have done an outstanding job on this dress.

I have a niece getting married June 9th and I started putting her bodice together this morning (right after I made the ring pillow and put it in the crocheted cover I had made for her. My Mom & niece, Kristine came over several weeks ago for the initial fitting and designing as she had 2 patterns with her. Kristine's dress will be pretty simple except for the hand beading she has personally designed for the lower front skirt area.

Here's a picture of our final muslin bodice attached to pattern skirt pieces to see where we stood on length. She will be wearing western boots for an outdoor wedding and nixed the original idea of a train.

Congratultions on your beautiful dress!

post--13461908327681_thumb.jpg

April, you have that fitted very well. So do you think you can convince her that this is good and the shine I see on the skirt works for the final product? Enjoy the making and be sure to show us pictures when you get it done. Simple can be breath-taking too.