? for Dawn or Ferret or anyone with older

Ok don't get me wrong I love my discovery, but.........

reading all the post about new wheels and SR and new open toe foot and all those goodies.

I am stuck with what what I have or can some or any of the things be up graded. I have the vertical wheels, no SR nothing fancy just a machine that get the job done with very few problems.

Jacque,

You can change out the foot on your Discovery (it would need to come back to the factory for that change, though, because the bushings inside it must be re-seated to make room for the foot).

However, the M&M wheels will not work on vertical tracks. Their profile is more rounded, so they would allow too much "play" as the wheels slid along your vertical track.

Myrna is right...you may want to consider selling your Discovery and table outright and then purchasing a new system. The Lenni system would be the same throat size as your current Discovery, would already include the interchangeable foot, and would include horizontal M & M wheels.

Let us know how else we can help!

Thanks, not ready to put Mabel out to pasture just yet. I am very comfortable with her and love how she performs. I seldom have ANY issues and if I do I just turn a little here and there and she is perfect again. thanks anyway I was just curious if there could be upgrades. Jacque

Hi Jacque! I have a Discovery too. I know what you mean by not having any issues and easy to correct if there is one. I've thought about upgrading many a time but just can't give her up! She takes anything I throw at her in stride. Maybe I'll just have to have two machines someday.

Just last May I did add Intellistitch and Intelliquilter. Zoltan changed out the carriage and now I have Edgerider wheels. What a difference. I have what they call the Lenni breakdown table. Not sure if he would be able to do that to yours or not. Might be worth asking him about.

Jacque: I have an Ult2 which I guess was the forerunner of the Discovery. I've up graded it with an Intellistitch stitch regulator, Edgerider wheels, a custom built table using the original wooden top, and power lift. Bobbin Cam, M size bobbin system, magnetic channel locks, laser, and horizontal spool holders. I am very pleased with the vertical wheel system and the Edgerider wheels.

The only thing that I think I'd like from time to time is a longer arm, but I can live with the 20 inch machine. I am quite pleased with the machine, and don't think I will ever replace her. The point is, if you want any of these features, you can add them. If however, you want more stroke, you'll have to change machines. Good luck. Jim

Archived