My first wholecloth....

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks so much for all of your lovely comments, honestly I think on this one the photos do it more justice than in real life (you can't see the bloopers !!!)

I confess although I did learn from Adams DVD that I didn't actually watch it to the end which I probably should have done as I would have learned more background fills, and it is nothing about the DVD content, but something about his voice kept making me fall asleep each time, but once I watched the basic principles I doodled from there onwards. I needed the DVD though for sure.... although I am pretty sure this is beginners luck!

Thanks for giving my ego a bit of a needed boost.....

As for my carriage, between quilting this I was there with the spanners tightening and loosening and pulling my hair out !!!

Very very nice! I guess it's true we are hard on ourselves. I don't notice any of the "oops" you mention. It's just plain pretty eye candy for sure.

I have one I drew out in a class with Karen McTavish, but I've not even attempted to put it on the frame yet. The pens she recommends must be awesome, cause I've had it for 2 years, and can still see all the marks just fine. Too bad you actually have to get it quilted to call it a whole cloth huh? :D:D

Originally posted by quilted charm

Very very nice! I guess it's true we are hard on ourselves. I don't notice any of the "oops" you mention. It's just plain pretty eye candy for sure.

I have one I drew out in a class with Karen McTavish, but I've not even attempted to put it on the frame yet. The pens she recommends must be awesome, cause I've had it for 2 years, and can still see all the marks just fine. Too bad you actually have to get it quilted to call it a whole cloth huh? :D:D

Which pen is this - I could do with one like that, my marks were only on ther about 3 weeks and they faded alot.....

Magnificent, truly magnificent. I am laughing, I read you were falling asleep, something about quilting DVD's puts me to sleep too, seems to just lull me right off to the land of nod. Thanks for showing the quilt, your style is beautifully elegant. A wholecloth is on my 'to do' list, you've really made me want to get to it.

Originally posted by Janette

I confess although I did learn from Adams DVD that I didn't actually watch it to the end which I probably should have done as I would have learned more background fills, and it is nothing about the DVD content, but something about his voice kept making me fall asleep each time,

I have to confess, I cannot watch a quilting DVD to the end....any quilting DVD. I love to watch any and all quilters and am most interested and mesmerised..... it's always the best sleep I ever had....LOL....to the sound of a longarm....music to my ears!

Janette,

I love, love , love your quilt. Two weeks ago I was in Orlando at a class with Karen McTavish and bought her book "Whitework Quilting" on how to make a whole cloth quilt. You give me inspiration to actually try it. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work in progress. I'm anxious to see how you finish your borders. ;)

I think you have just inspired me to jump in and try this. I did the angel quilt for my new granddaughter, but your design is so pretty and inspiring! Thanks for sharing and be sure to put that beauty into a show somewhere!!!!

Janette,

Sorry to be so late to give a huge thumbs Up. It is gorgeous and I never did find the error. I looked hard, and not through blurry eyes!

I want to post a pict now and then, and then a beauty is posted.. So very happy for you.

Please always keep that bubble of Thrill and accomplishments. and compliments around you.

RitaR

Archived