PattyJo

NOW FINISHED W/pics - ok, I'm out of ideas - Any Suggesttions???

I have CC'd and Terry Twisted this type of quilt to death. I'm bored with them and I would really like to do something different, but I just don't know what.......Do any of you have suggestions? My customer can't pay a lot, so simple is better for this one.

2741425100094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

C9C76B5257D2C02397F9A72A2E02FC3D.png

APQS Millennium with Smooth M&M Wheels

Pat Noonan Design Studio, Custom Quilting

503-559-9686

pjnoonan@ymail.com

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Patty Jo I just posted an easy overall under the topic "Why I love my APQS". Why not do an overall rather than a semi custom. My quilt was 71x 71 and took me less than two hours to put on, quilt and take off.

Lyn Crump   Hand Guided 2013 Millenium Blissed and Gliding    APQS Sales Rep SE Qld Australia   www.busyquilting.com.au   On Facebook and Instagram as BusyQuilting

Attitude is everything - So pick a good one!

Guest Linda S

You could do some sort of line dancing or just panto it. There are some really nice pantos that would give it a nice movement. Kristina's suggestion of overall feathers would be nice.

You all have good ideas. I thought of that and I think I'll go and check out my pantos and see what I can find. This is my 80+ grandma who is making about 2 quilts a month so that all her grands, great grands and any future great grands will all have a quilt from her. They are all pretty simple in pattern and CC's have been my go to pattern for her quitls, but I just can't bring myself to do another one. Thanks for the ideas. :)

503-559-9686

pjnoonan@ymail.com

Since it's Grandma, I don't think I'd do e2e. I'd choose a nice block pattern. There are a gazillion stencils out there and I'd get a pretty one and use it over and over.

www.webshots.com/user/victoriasews

www.Fiberobsessive.blogspot.com

Innova and Intelliquilter

I think I would do some sort of spiky cc in those four squares that stand out in each block. Then I would feather meander the rest of the quilt. I know you don't want to cc, but a cc with points just in those areas would look cool surrounded by the soft feathers.....and a feather meander is fast.

Jess

Jessica Noonan

Butterfly Quilting Studio

http://www.jessicaquilts.blogspot.com

APQS Freedom SR

Actually this is a customers quilt. I call her my 80+ grandma, but she isn't related. She always tells me to do what I want to do on her quilts. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, she loves it, so I think it will be an e2e. I'm on my way to pick through my panto's now......we'll see what I end up with. I'll post a pic when I'm done.

503-559-9686

pjnoonan@ymail.com

PJ, I have an idea for a quick feather method. .. but i dont own a wacom tablet.

Call me and I can explain!! my cell is 402-450-8321.

Never mind, I see your phone's on there too. I'll call you.

:D

F55CA928B31BF9D50E35FB71F402EFB1.png Millennium/IntelliQuilter 402-450-8321 Designer of the 1/2" foot for Ult II's. 1sheributler@gmail.com

Ok, here is a picture of what I'm doing. I'm having problems with dislexia (sp) and so you will notice that my swirls are not all going as they should. But at this point, my swirls are just going to have to be good as I've done everything but stand on my head and at my age, that would hurt!!!! ;) Here is the pic

post--13461908375883_thumb.jpg

503-559-9686

pjnoonan@ymail.com

And yesssss, I'm doing cc int he 9 patch blocks, but adding a curl in the corners (that's where the dislexia is showing up) Here is another......

post--13461908376162_thumb.jpg

503-559-9686

pjnoonan@ymail.com

wow...now that i like! who cares if your curls go different ways...it adds a certain character to the quilt.

Kristina at website http://withakquilting.blogspot.com/ and personal blog http://froggybottomquilting.blogspot.com/

Hoppily quilting along with FROGGER - my Green Millennium, and TOAD - my Liberty. Quiltazoid equipped too!

Thanks Sheri for the call and the audio tutorial on how to do this. Was fun to hear from you and now I'm jealous that your having great weather and we had hail and lots of rain this afternoon.......Spring ------- where are you???

503-559-9686

pjnoonan@ymail.com

Patty Jo, it is looking fabulous, I would not worry about swirls, which look good to me.

Sometimes I start quilting feathers and half way through I go from bump feather to Longarm feathers, and my swirls never go the same way :P

Happy owner of my newly Blissed 09 Lenni, with new friend Intelliquilter ClasiQ

FCF5C84CD6D4F7A87DB5FBE50FDA5592.png

http://kathsquiltingdiary.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by PattyJo

Thanks Sheri for the call and the audio tutorial on how to do this. Was fun to hear from you and now I'm jealous that your having great weather and we had hail and lots of rain this afternoon.......Spring ------- where are you???

Your most welcome hun!!

I hope Spring shows up on your doorstep this Blessed Easter Weekend.

Quilted Hugs GF!!

F55CA928B31BF9D50E35FB71F402EFB1.png Millennium/IntelliQuilter 402-450-8321 Designer of the 1/2" foot for Ult II's. 1sheributler@gmail.com

P.S. I want to see a pic of the whole thing when your done!!!!!! Those feather's on the diagonal should look pretty cool on the back especially!!

I love this and I can never get my swirls going in the same direction but I have decided that it gives more movement I think it makes them look like they dance or spiral around the quilt. I love the feathers I still can't get mine to look large and flowing like that they always look small and fat.

Connie

Any day that I get to quilt is a great day.

Freedom SR 2011