My turn for prayer request...UPDATE

UPDATE.....4/10/12

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers!! The phone call just came and it is benign!! Praise the Lord. They will recheck it with x-rays in 4 - 6 months. Now the referral to deal with the "tennis elbow".:P:P

4/6/12

On Wednesday I had an ortho appt at Olmsted Medical Clinic in Rochester, MN for "tennis elbow" which has persisted for 14 months. It started with a tearing sensation in the lower bicep area while working with baby pigs. When I told the ortho dr this and that I had noticed a small bump in the middle bicep area a couple of months ago he felt it and said it might be a small bicep tear that was curled up but that after 14 months there was not much they could do but that I definitely had "tennis elbow". He ordered xrays and asked the gal to shoot higher on the humorus bone than normal. Bump is not a muscle...it is a tumor! Radiologist report was Chondrosarcoma or malignant mestastic disease. OH Crap. Scared to death. They sent me straight over to Mayo for next day appts.

We started the prayer warriers around us...

MRI yesterday showed it is likely benign, NOT malignant. The surgeon also agreed I have "tennis elbow" and need treatment for that. I have a needle biopsy this morning to confirm whether malignant or benign and won't know the results until next Monday or Tuesday but things are sounding better than they did less than 48 hours ago.:)

I ask for your prayers that this biopsy will indeed show it is benign. I may still have to have it removed as it weakens the bone but I can deal with that! At least it is my left arm and I am right-handed.

Happy Easter to the forum families!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Father God and Lord Jesus, we know we are able to pray for your healing grace for Lucy. . I come forward today to ask your help for Lucy.

Thank you Father God and Lord Jesus for helping Lucy, for carrying her through this troubling time, hold her close and give her peace of mind, and total faith in her medical team and their treatment and care, her family and their support, and her friends. Hold her family in peace also, soothe their hearts and give them all your faith.

Lucy, I'm just as sorry as I can be, to hear of the cancer hell you will be going through mentally as well as physically. You know we love you here on the forum, and I remember our meeting up at Milwaukee a few years ago and the supper fun we all had.

In Jesus name, I pray,

RitaR

Dear Lord, we thank you for Lucy and all she does for others. We ask that you continue the healing in her arm, that the muscles remain strong, that the tumor is benign, and that all the tissues, ligaments, and nerves are restored to good health. I ask that any scarring that remains serve as a reminder to tell others of Your goodness and healing power. In Jesus name, Amen.

Lucy, thanks for sharing this with us, let us know what else we can do to support you.

Guest Linda S

Prayers on the way Lucy! I know how scary this can be and I know worry is a waste of time. I also know it's silly to tell you not to worry, we all do it. Let's hope it's benign and having it removed greatly reduces the pain you've been experiencing. The best all around. A blessed Easter to you.

Archived