Virginia Beach - Connie

Hi.

Some of you know our friend, Connie in Virginia Beach and may have seen the horrible Navy plane crash there yesterday on the news.

She is an APQS rep. and wonderful friend on the forum.

I contacted her last night to see if she was OK...good news she is well and busy helping with the emergency response. Luckily no one was badly injured in the accident.

Hang in there Connie!

Hi everyone, it's been awhile since I've been on. My day job has been very busy and I'm battleing my old friend "depression". This week got even busier. Yes, I am directly involved with the jet crash here in VA Beach. I'm the Emergency Manager for NAS Oceana and a few other bases in VAB. I run the Emergency Operations Center. I just got home this evening (Sunday) first time home since the crash at noon on Friday. We were very fortunate, the incident is being called our "Good Friday miracle". We have 98 percent of the area searched and as of today there are no deaths or serious injuries. All personnel are accounted for. 7 buildings were involved with 4 of them completely demolished. The apartment complex was a senior resident facility. Lots of stuff to do. Please pray for the residents and our First Responders, military and our city. Due to the hazmat involved with military aircraft, they will probably have to level all buildings. We the Navy (DOD) are taking care of the expenses and VA Beach is assisting us with all. Can't say to much more but I have a couple more weeks of never ending work. After we're done with the incident site, we'll start after acton reports and lessons learned. I love you all and even though I haven't been on much, you're with me and I include you all in my prayers. It's around 2100 (9pm) and I have to take a shower and go back to work in a couple hours. Lisa thank you sooooo much for letting everyone I was ok. I need a vacation far from VAB perhaps Alaska or New Zealand!! I'll check back in when I get a chance.

Dear Connie: I know your friend well (too well sometimes), take care of yourself . Perhaps buy a new quilting book, take it along, and when you have a small break , refresh and hydrate, look at the pictures, plan a new project, perhaps just for you. You mean so much to everyone, hope you can do the best you can for the people affected by this accident, but also for yourself. I've seen some new books on feathers that looked tempting.....love , Pat;)

Archived