SR Chirping noise

Hi Ann, sorry there is no way to turn it off. I believe I read on the forum that some Millie owners did something to muffle the sound.

When I first bought my Lenni in 2009 , I really thought the chirping would drive me to dispair , but honestly I hardly hear it these days.

I think the reason it's so distracting at first is because you only hear it well when you have stopped to think! You're stitching along and come to a spot where you need to decide what to do or where to go next. When you stop the machine, the motor noise stops as well and then you hear that darn chirping. Right. In. Your. Face. :o

Open the hood, find the "chirp box", and wrap it with a few layers of electrical tape. Or wait six months until you get more proficient/faster and you too will ask "What chirp?":P;):P

I just looked at the back of my first practice piece. Oh My Goodness!!! It is beautiful!!!! I am in love with this thing. I just hope to be as good as you all on the board. You inspire me for sure!!!! I think I'll take a PTO day tomorrow and play. I didn't get much chance to do much this weekend because of family obligations etc. But it's in my sewing room, it's not going anywhere!!!

gotta love it!!

I don't notice the chirping sound either anymore, BUT I do notice when it's not on!! I can feel your excitement with your machine, take tomorrow off and just enjoy, it's quite addicting! I think they got the slogan right, GONE QUILTING! Tammy

Guest Linda S

The chirping did drive me 'round the bend -- can't you tell? ;):P Anyway, once I got my IQ mounted, it sort of blocked most of the sound (okay, I also stuffed a small piece of batting in their and taped it too). I did end up removing my sound muffler once I got the IQ because the tablet is in the way of my little flashing light that used to tell me when the regulator was on. With the IQ tablet there, the sound is nicely muffled, but I still know when it's on or off. Best of both worlds. :D

We were told by Bob, who installed our Lenni, that there is a way to turn the SR chirp off. And the Lenni is pretty basic, and doesn't have the flashing light feature.

We (the 4 owners) decided to live with it........and now forget it's on.......at least I do. So we didn't pursue it. I suppose you would have to call APQS to see how it's done.

Archived