Prayers needed (Update,She is Home) Praise God)

Well, this has been a long haul and hopefully the healing is mostly done now, but prayers are still welcome as we are not out of the woods as yet. Last Monday, my son went to GA to get his girls for spring break from their Mom, His wife Amanda stayed home as she had to work. the plan was he would get the girls and go to wifes parents for the night as they are only and hour and a half away from Atlanta where he picked the girls up. Oh, son lives in fayetteville, nc. so it was a long day of driving for him. About 4 pm when he is at her parents house they get a phone call that Amanda has been taken from work by ems to the hospital. Stomach pain and throwing up, so they wait to hear what is going on and finally about 8:30 to 9:00 pm they hear she is critical and being sent to Duke by helocopter. Long story short we drove most of the night to intercept the 3 girls from our son on his way to Duke, Turns out she has a twisted intestine that was about to burst and they got to it just in time. All her organs were shutting down. They could not untwist the intestine and ended up taking 3 feet of small intestine and some large as well. and putting her on a temp bag until it can heal and be reversed. She is only 33, what makes it more critical is that she has a pancreas/kidney transplant from diabetes 2 years ago. As of now prayers are needed for her continued recovery and for the blood clots that are in both arms to dissolve. (her arm turned black and they were worried she would lose that as well.) my Hubby took the girls back to their mother on Friday, our son did come to spend one day with them. What a tiring week it has been!! I am so Thankful to the Lord for preserving and carrying her thru this so far and praying he will continue.

Today Amanda is up and walking short distances and with alot of prayers may get to go home by mid to end of this week. Thanks for reading and all prayers welcomed. Sorry so long, I should have posted earlier but have been so busy I didnt get time. :)

4/13 A huge answer to prayer, our daughter in law Amanda is home from the hospital as of last night and complaining that she is bored and cant work for a month!! Thank You all for your prayers!! We are all so thankful to the Lord for bringing her through this terrible ordeal!!

What an odd thing to have happen! And already in a medical state with the transplants, how awful for her. You and yours are indeed in my prayers. Make her a quilt Jeanne! I wonder what caused the twist.....is this something that can just happen or did she pick up something heavy or something.... I guess I am just thinking could it happen again. Poor thing. I'll bet your son is just shot from worry!!!! Blessings.

Well, hurray! Hope she mends quickly!!!!!

Sylvia,

No one knows for sure how this happened but the drs. think that it is what has been giving her so much trouble for months now. They believe that the intestine would start to block and twist and then correct itself, She had alot of trouble with vomiting, diarrehea, fever etc. and in the past year has been hosipitalized about 3 times and in ER probably a few other times. When the surgeon looked at where the pancreas was put he said he would not have put it there. Like arranging furniture I guess there is a best place for it and other possiblilties, :P anyway, he said that they tied down the intestines so that this should not occur again and he feels that she will be much better off now once healed.

She already has a quilt that I made for them so no need really for another right now anyway. They were hoping to be trying for her to get pregnant some time in the next year or so, I am not sure if this is still a possibility or not. I never thought it was a very good idea with all her medical conditions anyway. But time will tell. They have not even been married a year yet. this is the one that got married last July down at the Gazebo in Charleston that I did the wedding ceremony for them.

Wow! Adding you all to my prayer list! I went through these same surgeries last year. It's a pain in the neck and scary stuff. A shock to the mind and emotions, too. The diabetes and transplants complicate all of it, tho. Please let us know how she does, up ans walking around is great!

Sending along prayers as well. This also happened to my father and his intestine had blown up bigger than a football. The got it in the nick of time. He had to wear a bag for the rest of his life. Medicine has come a long way since this happened to him. Praying for a good recovery for her.

Archived