Current Projects

Working in my studio. Current projects include a quilt on the quilting machine. This is for one of our wonderful servicemen.

And an ongoing "Baltimore Album" top that is all fabric painting. I'm loving this project and the results are looking good. I can't wait to see how it all goes together and what it will look like after it is quilted.

Next week I'll be teaching a fabric painting class at the local libarary. It is so much fun to share with others!

What's going on in your studio?

I'm working on a small quilt for our show which will be held in Perth WA in May. It's only a small quilt but seems to be taking me forever! And then I've got to do another quilt for the same show - custom work again but I'm going to be a bit more adventurous and creative - I hope! Then it's back to customers quilts!

And projects not involving my long arm - removing hanging tabs from 3 small quilts and replacing them with proper sleeves - boring, but it has to be done. I'm off to our quilt retreat this weekend so that's a perfect time to do them. I'm so looking forward to this weekend! Meals cooked for you, dishes washed, endless opportunity to sew and chat - what more could we want?

3 t-shirt quilts...UGH! :mad::mad::mad:

even with sylvia's great tips, i do NOT like making t-shirt quilts. :(:(:(

i have vowed to get them done before i start to anything else, because having them hanging over my head is making me grouchy and interrupting my good quilting qi. :o:o:o s/b wrapped up by the end of the weekend, then onto something fun...:):)

maybe some of my doodly swap blocks - i have a lot piecing ahead to make it into a kingsize quilt.

or my nephews quilt..i have still to pick a pattern and fabrics.

or quick and easy iSpy quilt for triplets of dh's co worker

or one of my many ufo's....

Due to shoulder surgery I am drawing, drawing, drawing. I tried to sew yesterday as the Dr. said let pain be your guide and the pain won. I'll give it a few more days and try again. I have to wait another month or so before I'm suppose to touch the longarm:( I'm so tempted to through on a piece of mustlin and try it one handed.

Originally posted by Kay Anderson

Working in my studio. Current projects include a quilt on the quilting machine. This is for one of our wonderful servicemen.

And an ongoing "Baltimore Album" top that is all fabric painting. I'm loving this project and the results are looking good. I can't wait to see how it all goes together and what it will look like after it is quilted.

Next week I'll be teaching a fabric painting class at the local libarary. It is so much fun to share with others!

What's going on in your studio?

Kay, is it fabric paint or the newer stuff that is gonna be at HMQS called Tsuneikeko?

The class I'm teaching (basic tech.) is useing fabric paint. I love the Tsuneikeko tech. too, but the materials are a bit expensive if you are just starting out. The gals in the class asked for a longer class period and advanced tech. in the future. Maybe they like it. This is a free class, done for adults at a public libaray. Strictly done as a free community service. But I'm having some fun!

I am quilting my MQS quilt entry, been working on it for a while and vow to finish it this week & be ready to ship before the end of the month, focus, focus, focus.

So many quilts in progress to count, but definitely getting finished one by one.

Corey

I was working on my 115" square quilt to get it done for our quilt show this summer and possibly enter into the State Fair...........then I got a job for a small baby quilt, so I took mine off (thank goodness for zippered leaders) and did that one..........then another quilt came in to be done, so I decided to get it done before putting mine back on the frame. It is ending up taking more time than I planned. :( Then today a quilting group friend brought me a drop dead gorgeous applique quilt that she would also like to have done in time for our quilt show/fair in July. It will take a while to do ! As I was contemplating these projects, I get a call from a lady asking me to do a King Size quilt for her. I had to tell her I didn't plan on taking on any more projects for others until at least July, as I still had some to do along with my own. I have a couple tops being pieced when I am not running the long arm. Whew ! I do have the option of saying NO, as I don't quilt as a business, but sometimes it seems that way. I just don't like to pin myself down too tight where I don't enjoy it any more or have time to do anything else.

Originally posted by meg

3 t-shirt quilts...UGH! :mad::mad::mad:

even with sylvia's great tips, i do NOT like making t-shirt quilts. :(:(:(

i have vowed to get them done before i start to anything else, because having them hanging over my head is making me grouchy and interrupting my good quilting qi. :o:o:o s/b wrapped up by the end of the weekend, then onto something fun...

Meg, I'm only working on one. I'm ready for it to be over with so I can go on with something else. I have another one coming to quilt, but starting and finishing one is just plain boring.

I have several to do and the NEW studio is being built as I type this so I have to go out and help build forms for the foundation!!! I hope that we are able to finish it by the end of summer! It is going to be 20x24 not to bad! I am in a 16x16 room that is also part storage so to have a 20x24 with a bathroom all to myself WHOO HOO:D:D

Well, I'm officially crazy! I have a quilt for a customer on the frame, a T-shirt quilt ready to go on the frame, 3 more customer quilts behind that, but I went on a quilting retreat this past week end, just so I could get some of my own projects done.

I got 2 tops finished, and a 3rd one about a third of the way done.

Then, when I got home from the retreat, my block swap blocks for Doodlebug's 30's swap were here, so of course I had to take them out and work on them. They are going to be so cool.

And, then I am in a BOM at our local Bernina store, so I finished the block for this month, as our meeting is this Saturday, and I am still working on the "Sylvia's bridal quilt" blocks that are 6 1/2 inch each, and am supposed to have 24 of those done, but only have 15 finished.

And, I'm trying to find time to do some Sun frabic dyeing. Unfortunately, I'm back on my 7day shift at work, so I guess I'll have to put it off for another week at least.

Oh, well, that's what I love.

I don't think I have as many on the go projects, but I'll list what I can remember:

I have a huge single that is currently in progress, just needs 2 borders quilted to comlete the quilting. Behind that, there is a knee quilt and a baby quilt in the construction stages. 3 tops from my daughter in the line up, requiring quilting, another top in the construction stage and an embroidered quilt also, in the embroidery phase. (won't tell you how long it's been like that!)

Okay, I'm stopping counting now, and are going to go do something about the UFO pile.........:cool:

Just taking a break from working on two t-shirt memory quilts for some friends of my daughter. Lots of customer quilts waiting to be quilted and a machine applique for myself I need to finish piecing. The list is too numerous to continue.... It's funny how I can get caught up, then the rush starts again. Seems I have put myself last on the list, but am finally starting to make more of an effort to work on at least one of my projects at least once a week.

Archived