Stitch Regulator Mode

I know there are no dumb questions so here it goes....When I enable my Stitch Regulator Mode do I have to set the stitch length also? I have been doing this and setting it at 11 stitches per inch and they are so tiny and I set them at 9 and they are still so tiny. Should I just be leaving the stitch length at zero when I use Stitch Regulator Mode?

No, the stitches vary in length with the different settings while in stitch regulation mode. If you notice no difference at all, call apqs and they can help you. If you can mark off an accurate grid on some fabric and stitch along the lines and actually count how many stitches per inch, that will be a big help in diagnosing the problem.

Guest Linda S

Debbie is correct, you should see a difference in stitch length in regulated mode. If you are getting tiny little stitches, no matter what the setting, something is wrong. I generally use a stitch length of about 11-12 stitches per inch in regulated mode, but often quilt with the machine in manual. It's smoother that way and I use it like that for background fills. My Intelliquilter also prefers that the machine be in non-SR mode for stitching.

Archived