1 year vs 8 year warranty

looking at the Green Lucey vs the Demo model. trying to decide. how often are you using the warranty. does the 1000 dollars you save on the green Lucey balance out the loss of the 8 year warranty?

called and talked to Mark. the Green Lucey is all new parts and electronics, but an old body style, and the Demo model is new this year, but slightly used... Oh what to do what to do...

i own a green millie...bought it over 3 years ago. i have had zero problems with it that required new parts. even if i did...mark told me the motor was the most expensive part i might ever need. that runs less than $300 i believe.

i also own a liberty i purchased used...never had troubles with it either.

i guess it depends how you view warranties. personally, they have never worked in my favor. i would think if problems were going to arise...you would notice them in the first year.

in regards to the green machine versus demo...the greens can't be upgraded. but then...i don't know if the lucey has any upgrades either.

the best to you in your new endeavor.

I have a 2003 Millenium and think I only had a one year warranty at that time (definitely not eight years). Except for a couple problems within the first month, I have never needed to use a warranty. These machines are very well made and sturdy. My personal feeling is you would be safe with a one year warranty.

The Green Lucey comes with upright handles. If you'd like the ergo handles you can add them but then the prices are even closer together. The new and demo Lucey machines would have the ergo handles. Those handles are a BIG deal. They make her incredibly easy to control when she is at the back of the table.

HTH!

Dotty

Definately go for the ergo handles. If both machines are nearly the same price you might as well have the extra warranty, but I doubt you will ever need it. We have a Green Millie that is over 6 years old and must have done over 700 quilts and has not been back to the factory for anything. I can't comment about the Bliss as we only had maybe a one minute demo last year when we were in Des Moines.

Nigel

So...I'll be the " odd man out" on this. I bought a factory refirbished Liberty with a 1 year warranty and I love it. No issues until she was 4 years in my possession and then it was basically just a tune up.

Part of the reason I bought the Liberty vs a Freedom was the handles. I do not like the ergonnomic handles, although I understand most people do love them.

Good luck with your decision.

bought my Millie used with a 1 yr warranty. Issue I had did occur within the 1st year. I'd say save the money. My Libby is 8 yrs old and has never had an issue a warranty would have been needed for. Love the durability of these APQS machines.

Archived