Sign in to follow this  
Pati Olson

Bernina wanted

Guest Linda S

Oh you are in so much trouble! I went shopping on ebay today and the things I found were more than I wanted to pay. I've been looking for a lighter-weight machine to take to retreats. So, I decided to go to the local sew/vac shop to see what they had. I came home with a new sewing machine. All. Your. Fault. :P Anyway, I ended up with a Janome DC2012 for $499. I'm a happy gal.

Oh, Linda, you crack me up! I spent time last weekend on eBay looking for Bernina ideas, even watched one till it ended, and came away empty handed. I have a Janome that works wonderful for me, so not sure why I was considering a Bernina other than the number of you here that have and love them. You all know you are a persuasive bunch, don't you? :P:P:P

A865FFE96B99D13D2E3C09AF2B8376EA.png
2009 Freedom, and a 1989 Ulti I w/Intellistitch

Guest Linda S

Marci - I have a hefty Bernina that I love, and I was going to buy a Bernette to take to classes. The Janome, however, had a lot more bells and whistles for nearly the same price. I knew I as done for when I pulled into the parking lot of the sew/vac store and saw a big SALE! sign outside. I think they must have had their strongest vacuum set up outside, as there was no way I could avoid getting sucked into the store! :P

A few years back I purchased a Bernina 930 from a shop in California that I found using the Bernina dealer search on the Bernina USA site. It wasn't a steal ($800) but it did come serviced. As it turns out, I didn't like it as well as what I already had and sold it on ebay. If you don't find anything here, you might try calling some dealers to see if they have anything on trade or consignment. This dealer was willing to box and ship.

My DH bought me the 930 Bernina when they first came out. Many times my sewing dealer wanter to buy it back, (as he & I felt it was the best machine built by Bernina). He told me more than a few times, He would pay me what I bought it for (this was in the late 90,s) & would have it sold by the time I was home. Well, it only enters through the shop doors every now & then for some tender care. Didn't sell or trade it in then & not going to now. It is a wonderful machine. Heavy machine, but the hours I have sewn with it & just once I had a problem two years ago & it must now be 25 years old. I also have my Dear MIL's, (God bless her), 1230 which I use every now & then as that has a few things on it the 930 doesn't. Both super machines, Just like my Freedom! Keep looking, Great things happen to those who wait.