MQX WEST

I just received an e-mail with the class registration info for MQX West. Registration is open now via the e-mailed link for those that attended previous shows either East or West. General registration begins on May 24th. Lots of interesting classes to choose from!

Guest Linda S

YES! A little something for everyone. And, I've heard there will be a special exhibit of quilts by Cindy Needham at the show this year. For those of you who have not heard of Cindy, she specializes in making quilts from vintage linens. I just bought some linens at an antique store on Cape Cod while I was back east for MQX East, so I'm anxious to make something special with them!

Guest Linda S

LOL - Yes, Linda -- this Linda will return to the teaching line-up this year, but most of you will not need my class. I teach the newbies. I must say though, I believe new quilters get a lot of bang for their buck in my class. I show the basics of how to do it all, from loading and bringing up the thread, to squaring, using stencils and templates, going around applique', SID, etc. And students in my class will get a nice handout with photos to serve as reminders (at no charge), plus it's rumored that they will receive thread samples from Fil-Tec! Now, that's worth the price of admission right there!

I must admit that seeing Linda Rech's quilt she did with a vintage linen really inspired me to look for something to try for myself. Besides all the great classes, I have a great time sitting in the lobby of the Convention Center and meeting everyone. MQX ROCKS!

Archived