Pinwheels & Posies

Originally posted by dlnewell

Beautiful quilt and quilting! Could you please explain what the starch method is for applique? I'm not familiar with that. I don't have much experience with different applique techniques.

I learned a starch method on a blog of Erin Russek. Here's a link if you are interested. She uses mylar but you can use freezer paper, too.

http://erinrussek.typepad.com/one-piece-at-a-time/applique-lessons/

Your quilt and quilting are beautiful. I made a pattern similar to this one but left off the applique as I didn't know how at the time. It turned out pretty boring. The applique you did is so pretty and makes the quilt sing, along with your amazing quilting! And I love the border!!

Thanks, everyone! It was a really fun quilt to make and since everyone in the guild had an opportunity to work on it, everyone feels pride of ownership. Hopefully that will translate to high ticket sales!

If you are interested in raffle tickets, send me a pm and I'll send you my address. The details:

Donation: $1.00 for 1 OR $5.00 for 6. Checks can be made out to Carquinez Strait Stitchers or CSS.

As soon as I receive $, I will mail the tickets, minus the stub, back to you. The drawing will be May 5, 2013. You don't need to be present to win.

Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived