Originally posted by dlnewell

Beautiful quilt and quilting! Could you please explain what the starch method is for applique? I'm not familiar with that. I don't have much experience with different applique techniques.

I learned a starch method on a blog of Erin Russek. Here's a link if you are interested. She uses mylar but you can use freezer paper, too.

http://erinrussek.typepad.com/one-piece-at-a-time/applique-lessons/

Your quilt and quilting are beautiful. I made a pattern similar to this one but left off the applique as I didn't know how at the time. It turned out pretty boring. The applique you did is so pretty and makes the quilt sing, along with your amazing quilting! And I love the border!!

Oh that is so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

Thanks, everyone! It was a really fun quilt to make and since everyone in the guild had an opportunity to work on it, everyone feels pride of ownership. Hopefully that will translate to high ticket sales!

If you are interested in raffle tickets, send me a pm and I'll send you my address. The details:

Donation: $1.00 for 1 OR $5.00 for 6. Checks can be made out to Carquinez Strait Stitchers or CSS.

As soon as I receive $, I will mail the tickets, minus the stub, back to you. The drawing will be May 5, 2013. You don't need to be present to win.

Thanks!!!

bcd1bba592b7c83e5c4bfa0a4c1dae65.png

Lil' MnM (Millennium)
laurie@finishingtouchesquilts.com
http://www.finishingtouchesquilts.com