Here is a quilt I have been working on for our guild's challenge this fall. The challenge is to make a quilt using only two colors. I used muslin on top and a bright orange fabric underneath to give it the soft peachy pink color in the background.

The heart is a Karen McTavish design and the border is a stencil I had. I used QD poly select for trapunto and for entire quilt. Also, SoFine and bottom line on top with magna classic on the bottom.

I'm so happy with how it turned out and can't wait for our big reveal day, which won't be till the end of September. It's funny....I didn't think I was going to like it. As I was puting it on the frame I thought it was a goofy looking design.

Jess

2109438530105474977S425x425Q85.jpg

2316619300105474977S425x425Q85.jpg

2926121980105474977S425x425Q85.jpg

Jessica Noonan

Butterfly Quilting Studio

http://www.jessicaquilts.blogspot.com

APQS Freedom SR

Ooh so elegant! I love it. :) :) :)

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

That the best GOOFY design I think I've ever seen!!!! Beautiful!!!!

Dell 2016 Millie Frannie Ann Jr. with Bliss & she is Quiltaziod and Circle Lord Equipped with lots of Quilting Toys and now has Quilt Path!

Just BEAUTIFUL! I can tell you MY first shadow trapunto didn't look like that! :P And if I ever do a 2nd one, I'm sure it won't be as pretty as yours either.

WELL DONE! I see a ribbon in your future. ;)

14EABCCA535C11FE692767BF2F0B87E2.png

DIGITIZED Designs for Computerized Quilting

The POCKET GUIDES to Freehanding

eppd@telus.net

Two colour challenge completed with a WOW factor to boot.

Nothing Goofy about this. I love it.

Lyn Crump   Hand Guided 2013 Millenium Blissed and Gliding    APQS Sales Rep SE Qld Australia   www.busyquilting.com.au   On Facebook and Instagram as BusyQuilting

Attitude is everything - So pick a good one!

You guys are so wonderfully encouraging. All your kind comments will definitely hold me over till I can show it to my guild in four months. I am totally hooked on shadow trapunto, now that I've done one and like it so much. It's just the coolest thing. I'm already washing and pressing more fabric so I can draw another one...or two....or three. Oh dear, I'm going to get really backed up on my work! Lollll

Jess

Jessica Noonan

Butterfly Quilting Studio

http://www.jessicaquilts.blogspot.com

APQS Freedom SR