I and my wife, and several friends have found Keens. We mostly wear one or another of their many sandal models. I like the open toe sandals for casual wear, and the cap toe models for work (gives my toes a little protection) They give great support, and are very durable. We used to wear Birkinstocks, but found the Keens to be more durable, and a bit more comfortable. My wife can't wear anything else. She keeps buying other brands, but they sit in her closet and she wears the Keens. She's tried them all, Danskos, Crocs, everything, but wears the Keens all the time. They're expensive, but are worth the price. Jim

Adidas Skele-Toes!!!

Ugly as all get out, but oh so comfy!!!

Feel like you are barefoot, but nice arch support!!!

Also, Walk the Walk Sandals.

Get them from the Big Shows.

Can stand all day in them!!

Can get them in all kinds of Fun colors!!!

Laura Farnham
APQS Rep, Colorado
Sales ~ Service~ Education

www.whisperstitchstudio.com

719~510~0599

laurathelongarmer@gmail.com

Whisper Stitch Studio, LLC

every quilt tells a story.......

.....you just have to listen

I wear Keens too. A Mary Jane style & have them in several colors. I need to buy some summer sandals too & I know Keens has a lot of different styles :) Good luck with your search. Happy feet makes for happy legs, back & overall you! Very worth whatever investment you need to do to be comfortable & supported :)

Caren E. Martin

Ult 1

I bought a pair of orange Crocs years ago when they came out. They are the only shoes that I can wear and stand on my concrete floor and work for hours in. I also put them on when my legs ache and feet hurt after shopping in the wrong shoes and soon my pain is gone. I love, love, love them!

324539BE93F3E3BE49A14D282A488B9D.png

Oh, I so wished I had the positive results from Dansko and Keen brands like some of you do. I've tried so many different brands due to previous back surgeries and wide feet. The Danskos make my back feel like I'm standing on solid cement and the Keens cut into my toes :(:(:( Crocs are the most comfortable but they don't have the support I need. I am envious of you ladies who have found a brand and style that you love - I'll keep trying! But seeing this post gives me hope that one of the other brands mentioned may be a keeper for me!

A865FFE96B99D13D2E3C09AF2B8376EA.png
2009 Freedom, and a 1989 Ulti I w/Intellistitch

Amy, the ones I saw had a metal spring in the heel area.

I've only seen them around large shows, rallys, etc.. and don't see them for long. I think it's saying they must not be as terrific as we are

lead to believe from a salesman.

Originally posted by whitepinesquilter

Oh, I so wished I had the positive results from Dansko and Keen brands like some of you do. I've tried so many different brands due to previous back surgeries and wide feet. The Danskos make my back feel like I'm standing on solid cement and the Keens cut into my toes :(:(:( Crocs are the most comfortable but they don't have the support I need. I am envious of you ladies who have found a brand and style that you love - I'll keep trying! But seeing this post gives me hope that one of the other brands mentioned may be a keeper for me!

Try shoes from europe or Israel they are cut wider

B.O.T.H.

I quilt barefoot or in just socks and keep a pair of clogs handy to make me taller when I need it (smiles)

JUST QUILTING

APQS SALES & SERVICE

Fil-Tec / Glide Distributor

Guest Linda S

In the summer, I generally quilt in my Birkenstocks. Danskos never worked for me until I got the proper fit at MQX this year. The fellow in the booth told me that I should not feel my toe in the front of the shoe (as usual) and I should not feel the heel on the back of my foot when walking. I should just feel the balance of my foot over the arch. I got just a half size larger than I had been wearing and they are perfect! I got a red marbled patent pair. I call them my ruby slippers. :)

I started having problems with my ankles and feet not long after starting on my machine. I wore crocs a lot. I took a pair of running shoes that were too worn out for running and I put Dr. School's supports in them. The problems have gradually disappeared.

Everyone's bio-mechanics are different. You may have to try different things before you find one that works for you.

Linda Kahlbaugh's Art Quilt Studio

Longarm Quilting

Nurturing the Spirit Through Quilting

Linda S you crack me up!!! I also have a pair of Red Marbled Dansko's that I also call my Ruby Slippers:D:D:D. I have had 2 back surgeries. I tried Crocs but they didn't work for me. Linda, you are so right about getting the correct size. It makes all the difference. When I got my first pair, I wore them around the house for a few days because I felt they were very expensive. I have never paid that much money for shoes before. I figured if I didn't like them I would send them back. Well, obviously they worked. I buy mine at HouserShoes.com. They have them on sale from time to time. At first I didn't know if I could get used to the arch because it is so prominant but quickly adapted and don't even feel it anymore. Thank heavens there are so many choices out there. Casandra, I hope you find something that works well for you.

DF1D9777693A0E7E10F19189083694EB.png

New Balance 993. They have the right support for my feet.

My Millie is in the basement on cement floors, but since I also walk and stand on cement floors all day on the job, the comfort is totally worth the price.

Anita

I have been using the Sketcher's shape-ups after a tip from a guy who works walking on concrete floors all day. I got them at Ross for $25! Thought it would be worth a try. They are very cushioned and my feet and ankles really improved after wearing them for a week. I can quilt for hours w/o any problems at all and not be stiff and sore when I finish for the day. Sometimes I quilt for 12-14 hours. Most the time, just for 8-10. I wouldn't have believed the difference if I hadn't tried them.

Merry Jo

Merry Jo Rembold, Julian, CA

APQS Sales Representative

Millie & Quilt Path

Facebook: Creative Quilting by Merry Jo

Merryjorembold.com